Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YouTuber rants about disappointment with Model Y.
The Big 3 reasons:

1. Immovable headrest
2. Inaccurate range estimator (223mi really means 100mi ??)
3. Cost of electricity is 90% cost of gas (when not at home).

He lists some other annoyances, too (angle of headlights, autopilot "hands on wheel" notifications, etc.)

·
Registered
963 Posts
Most Tesla owners seem to take unlimited abuse. Once he sees what they will pay him for the trade, I think he will end up keeping it

·
Registered
24 Posts
"I've bought this car for the purpose of road trips" - 1st mistake right here. At this point EVs are mainly high performance city cars; long trips are doable, but lot of inconveniences involved, and it needs to be accepted. Hybrids are unbeatable here anyway.
Set for recharging at public stations - 2nd mistake. If cannot recharge back home, better skip over. NEMA14-50 with UMC (on Teslas) or J1772-L2 (everything else) is the only right answer for saving time and money. He's talking about 90% of gas pricing at superchargers - how about 200% at Blink.
2x range discrepancy sounds like technical issue. Should be within 20-30% driving carefully. With that solved, long trips will be much easier.
"Tesla has 7 days / 1000 mi return policy" - not anymore ! (And preowned vehicle warranty also cut down by a lot just FYI)

Quite funny though he didn't mention any of the real Tesla's issues - MY/M3 trim/ergonomics, build quality and insufficient service.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Odd review - I suspect he also makes a lot of $ as a Youtuber. I agree on the point that if you can't get comfortable in a car that's a deal breaker. Maybe he should have sat in on before he bought it. Range complaints about the BEV range King - he's going to get slammed by the Tesla fanatics. Does he have a wonky battery?

·
Registered
624 Posts
YouTuber rants about disappointment with Model Y.
The Big 3 reasons:

1. Immovable headrest
2. Inaccurate range estimator (223mi really means 100mi ??)
3. Cost of electricity is 90% cost of gas (when not at home).

He lists some other annoyances, too (angle of headlights, autopilot "hands on wheel" notifications, etc.)

The guy is a boob. What he needs to do is furnish his empty house.

·
Super Moderator
2,346 Posts
Actually one of the reasons I went with Performance (besides I found it more comfortable overall) is that headrest leaned back more than the base or sport seats.
Same here ... I actually changed my order (on my first one) from sport to performance ... and on my second one performance seats were a must-feature

·
Registered
2020 iPace SE
69 Posts
Yes but they lean BACK like a normal human being does. That LOOKS AWFUL!

Actually one of the reasons I went with Performance (besides I found it more comfortable overall) is that headrest leaned back more than the base or sport seats.
This is why I want to retrofit performance seats hahahahaha

·
Registered
963 Posts
My friend got a Y, had to turn it in the next day for a damaged door he didn't see when picked up the car.
I told him about the build quality, but he insisted that's only for the first run cars.
Now he has a loaner Model S

·
Super Moderator
2,346 Posts
My friend got a Y, had to turn it in the next day for a damaged door he didn't see when picked up the car.
I told him about the build quality, but he insisted that's only for the first run cars.
Now he has a loaner Model S
I mean I think that's perfectly understandable. If he likes the car, and clearly he's aware of the possibility of getting one with an issue because it's early build, he's patient and will get a new one that is hopefully all good. Some of us had to drive a Velar for three months haha

·
Registered
24 Posts
Although early production issues are totally understandable, I wouldn't call MY an early production anymore, as in delivery numbers it seems to have outsold I-Pace already. Being unable to dial in the process within ~40K units is a question of attitude, not of technical challenges.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts