Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone! I’m a new IPace owner. I just got it about 2 weeks ago. It is a 2019 HSE first edition only had 600 miles. My issue was that the battery had been depleting fast compared to the miles driven. I took it in after reading some posts and they said it was all updated as of this Sunday. I left the dealer with 98 percent charge. I live in south Florida and our summers are hot but I did also put ceramic tint all over the car to help with heat. I’ve driven the car so far for 103 miles and I’m at 36% battery. The original estimated mileage was 246 the Jaguar service docs stated an average of 200 due to weather etc. i haven’t plugged it in to charge at all but I was wondering if any of you thought this was still normal before I called the dealer again? I have to take it upstate in two weeks for a 300 mile trip so I want to make sure the battery isn’t faulty.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Good morning everyone! I’m a new IPace owner. I just got it about 2 weeks ago. It is a 2019 HSE first edition only had 600 miles. My issue was that the battery had been depleting fast compared to the miles driven. I took it in after reading some posts and they said it was all updated as of this Sunday. I left the dealer with 98 percent charge. I live in south Florida and our summers are hot but I did also put ceramic tint all over the car to help with heat. I’ve driven the car so far for 103 miles and I’m at 36% battery. The original estimated mileage was 246 the Jaguar service docs stated an average of 200 due to weather etc. i haven’t plugged it in to charge at all but I was wondering if any of you thought this was still normal before I called the dealer again? I have to take it upstate in two weeks for a 300 mile trip so I want to make sure the battery isn’t faulty.
how fast are you driving the car?

·
Registered
317 Posts
With such low milage, I would be worried about cell imbalance. The good news is that the battery has a long warranty.

I would keep driving the car and nightly charge it to 100% for several days and then get a battery health report from a Jag dealer.

Reactions: Jaggy2025

·
Registered
86 Posts
Those numbers put you in the 160-170 miles range. You likely have 22" wheels, and if so you can expect 180-220 miles during the summer. Sounds like you are a bit off, but its hard to say for sure without a couple more journies in the car.

My first day in my FE that had been on the lot for 6 months, I drove it like I did my BMW before it, at 78-82 mph average on the freeway with a few very spirited sprints thrown in. I got about 130 miles before the battery hit 5% battery on the way home. It improved after some software updates and right foot control.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those numbers put you in the 160-170 miles range. You likely have 22" wheels, and if so you can expect 180-220 miles during the summer. Sounds like you are a bit off, but its hard to say for sure without a couple more journies in the car.

My first day in my FE that had been on the lot for 6 months, I drove it like I did my BMW before it, at 78-82 mph average on the freeway with a few very spirited sprints thrown in. I got about 130 miles before the battery hit 5% battery on the way home. It improved after some software updates and right foot control.
Yes, so Jaguar told me the previous owner was a car collector of sorts and kept the car in garage as she had 7 other vehicles. My previous car was a Jaguar F-pace so this was defiantly an adjustment. I’ve been trying to keep my mph lower just to gauge the range in the I-pace. Thank you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I just checked and yes I do have the 22” I’m going to charge it to full again later today to do some comparison.

·
Registered
166 Posts
what else are you doing while you are driving fast? I assume you are running your a/c. are pounding the awesome stereo as well?

Welcome to the EV life. From my experience, you are now more able to accurately see and measure the effect that running aux systems (or driving like you stole it) has on your ability to travel long distances. This was a huge grey area in conventional cars and it is not the case in EV motoring. I'm glad you used the word 'adapt' in this context. You need to educate yourself about the car, its specifications and its capabilities in order to get the most out of it.

You've had the car two weeks. I recommend experimenting with different configurations and setups are possible with the car to find the various sweet spots for your needs to ensure you can maximize range. For example, as you are in Florida and likely have little use for the true 'awd,' a different (configurable) setup might be more efficient for you. The urge to worry about the GOM will go away in time once you get familiar.

You might also have to accept, as I did, that I can't drive the car like a criminal on days when I have lots to do, places to go and lots of miles to cover.

Don't worry, you made the right choice. enjoy the car!

Reactions: Qtown charger

·
Registered
393 Posts
I requested a battery report at my dealer while they had the computer(Topix?) plugged in. The report cost 1 hr of service even though it takes longer than this to read all the cells. The technician is not required to be present when this reading is being done. Good advice below.

I would keep driving the car and nightly charge it to 100% for several days and then get a battery health report from a Jag dealer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts