Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
550 miles from CO to Iowa.
45 kwh/100. 90 degrees, no wind. 5000 ft elevation lost. 82 mph average.

550 miles from Iowa to CO.
52 kwh/100. 90 degree, 15-20mph cross/head wind. 80 mph average.

Cruised at 85 mph with all the driving aids on, cruise, etc. ECO mode.

Great trip, super comfortable. Wish the seats had a sleep mode.

·
Registered
124 Posts
My wife and I just did a week driving around British Columbia (fantastic trip, BTW).

2250km 8 days
23 kwh/100km
$75 CDN total charges for electricity
Cruised 110-120 km/hr on the highways, but averaged 75 km/hr, given slow drives around towns.

Only bit of anxiety was a day when the most Canadian thing happened - a beaver chewed through an internet cable, wiping out internet service to much of Northern BC. Wasn't sure if we'd be able to start a DCFC station with our phones having no data/internet service. Lucked out that the newly operational FLO chargers in Terrace were 'free vend' so just started charging as soon as we plugged the cable into the car. No need for the app, or fob, or $$$ Hahaha

What a great car in which to spend a great week!

·
Registered
2020 Indus Silver
69 Posts
I can vouch for ABRP accuracy. Took a road trip last week and I was a little nervous because of temps in the 90’s etc. I bought an OBD to allow real-time data to ABRP and ran it on my phone in real-time on my phone while driving. I watched it with the phone mounted on a vent mount while it updated the predicted destination charge as speed and weather/temp changed. Example: we hit a light rain storm and the temps dropped into the 70’s and arrival percentage started going up. Overall, I learned that ABRP planning without real-time data was very good. I was cutting it close because of broken Electrify America chargers so I appreciated the real-time confirmation.

Also, I remember a Bjorn Nyland YouTube video that calculated based on his experiments that the ideal cruising speed for the ipace to achieve quickest arrival (assuming sufficiently fast and available DC chargers) is 80-ish mph. That trip to IA and back sounds perfectly done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts