Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Fiat 500e that I'm able to see the regen in kw when braking. I'm able to get 74kw when braking hard.
The E-Trons claim to fame is 250kw of regen when braking

Does the I-Pace show this anywhere? What is its max regen in kw?
I know we can see the total regen represented in kwh

·
Super Moderator
2,269 Posts
There's a setting in the trip meter (dashboard) where it will show you the instantaneous regen rate. Its max displayed value is 99.9kW.

The maximum g force for regen is 0.4; 0.2 with just one-pedal, and another 0.2 by applying brakes before the friction brakes kick in.

I'll have to look into how many kW that is given the mass of the car. Not on top of my head right now.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's a setting in the trip meter (dashboard) where it will show you the instantaneous regen rate. Its max displayed value is 99.9kW.

The maximum g force for regen is 0.4; 0.2 with just one-pedal, and another 0.2 by applying brakes before the friction brakes kick in.

I'll have to look into how many kW that is given the mass of the car. Not on top of my head right now.
I see that now.
I think it should be much higher than 99.9kw.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I see that now.
Well it can not usually regen at a faster rate than it can charge, it is just dumping charge into the batteries. So 100 KW would seem about the right limit.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see that now.
Well it can not usually regen at a faster rate than it can charge, it is just dumping charge into the batteries. So 100 KW would seem about the right limit.
The E-Trons charge rate Is 150kw but regens at 250kw. The 500e is 6.6kw but regens at 73kw

1 - 5 of 5 Posts