Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. It looks like I'll be moving to Maui mid-2021, and I remember there was at least 1 iPace owner on the board, possibly a couple, but I can't really find them because the search for posts prior to the board change doesn't work very well.

I was wondering if anyone had feedback on what it's like owning on the island? I know power is expensive, so I'll definitely have a large solar array + battery storage. How do you deal w/ service (if required), since there isn't a JLR on Maui? How did you handle the purchase when you first got it?

·
Super Moderator
2,092 Posts
I don't know this for a fact but by his handle JoeAloha is in HI :)

·
Registered
834 Posts
Pastor Pete purchased from San Diego and shipped to Oahu.
Last I saw, the dealer in Honolulu didn't have the best service department.

Hes a Great guy and a pleasure talk to

Reactions: Deutsch100

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know this for a fact but by his handle JoeAloha is in HI :)
I was guessing he is in Hawaii as well, but didn't want to assume (maybe it grew up there and moved to the mainland). :)

Pastor Pete purchased from San Diego and shipped to Oahu.
Last I saw, the dealer in Honolulu didn't have the best service department.

Hes a Great guy and a pleasure talk to
Thanks for the heads up. Definitely good to know who's over there. I do wish there was a dealer on Maui, but I can understand why they don't have one. The lack of a good service department is the scariest part about the move.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Aloha. The only dealer is on Oahu. It's part of the JN motor group tha reps Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini, Alfa Romeo, Lotus, Audi, Land Rover.

I don't know how you would service the car under warranty on any island but Oahu.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wish I could remember the person that lived on Maui. I believe when he had a battery die he had to have the car towed and ferried over to Oahu. How much of a pain is getting a car between the islands?

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did find the other Maui owner (WaltK), but unfortunately it looks like he’s been idle for 11 months. I’m guessing he did a buyback because of the recurring black screens and having to ship back and forth from Maui to Honolulu multiple times.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts