Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2020 S Fuji White
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The West Annapolis dealer says their single I-pace EV trained person is out on surgery. Can anyone recommend either of the other two dealers? Im at the 21,000 mark. Thanks!

· Premium Member
2020 I-Pace S
137 Posts
When mine told me that their service tech would take 2 weeks the Service Manager was also EV trained and was pressed into leaving his office for the actual shop floor (my service rep said that there was an audience because many had never seen him wearing overalls or lifting a tool before).

· Registered
11 Posts
Actually, the Jag of Columbia, technically in Clarksville, does not have a technician. I've called three times over last 6 months and each time they say their tech is out on surgical leave (coincidence both theirs and Anna's is on surgical leave? Not likely) and won't be back for 3 months (my last call with them was just on Friday, 11/11). I've called the Bethesda Jag dealer and left a message. I'll update when/if they respond. After this, I'm guessing it will have to be Tysons Corner, VA.

· Registered
995 Posts
It’s been mentioned of the forums that dealers seem to want an ipace tech to work on every issue with an Ipace. Others feel that you only need a real I pace take for the traction battery or other issues. If the AC, brakes, or something else is wrong, perhaps you could convince the dealer this repair doesn’t need an I pace tech.

· Premium Member
2020 I-Pace S
137 Posts
It’s been mentioned of the forums that dealers seem to want an ipace tech to work on every issue with an Ipace. Others feel that you only need a real I pace take for the traction battery or other issues. If the AC, brakes, or something else is wrong, perhaps you could convince the dealer this repair doesn’t need an I pace tech.
The problem is that for anything other than adding washer fluid they are required to cordon off the area due to the High Voltage hazard. I was told by my service rep that its very different working on an EV and that they have special liability and UC coverage for it. My friend, who is a Lloyds underwriter, supported this issue and said that the policies to cover EV techs and repairs are a whole different animal from standard coverage for a repair shop.

· Registered
1,188 Posts
Actually, the Jag of Columbia, technically in Clarksville, does not have a technician. I've called three times over last 6 months and each time they say their tech is out on surgical leave (coincidence both theirs and Anna's is on surgical leave? Not likely) and won't be back for 3 months (my last call with them was just on Friday, 11/11). I've called the Bethesda Jag dealer and left a message. I'll update when/if they respond. After this, I'm guessing it will have to be Tysons Corner, VA.
sounds like it’s the same person for both, that’s unfortunate.

· Registered
11 Posts
"sounds like it’s the same person for both, that’s unfortunate."

Apparently, I am WAY more cynical than you are - I assumed that was the standard dealer response as to why they didn't have one, as it made you feel like it was out of their hands PLUS some poor mechanic was laid up...I'm still thinking I'm right!! ;<)))

· Registered
1,188 Posts
"sounds like it’s the same person for both, that’s unfortunate."

Apparently, I am WAY more cynical than you are - I assumed that was the standard dealer response as to why they didn't have one, as it made you feel like it was out of their hands PLUS some poor mechanic was laid up...I'm still thinking I'm right!! ;<)))
You may be but I have actually had service at Columbia until recently. So there WAS a certified mechanic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts