Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I downloaded the map updater app from the JLR site, and upon starting it up, it said it couldn't work with my OS.

Then it was apparently running fine anyway, but it wanted the SD chip and had no option for downloading it to a USB stick.

I think the app wanted OS 10 (or higher), and the most recent incremental upgrade within the last week or so to Mojave is still in the 10s, but up to 10.14.4.

Since it did seem to load and run fine, is it just cautious because it doesn't recognize the higher system number? I'm prone to see if it works, but I don't know what kind of problem it may create. My other option is to take it in to the dealer and let them do it.

Also, SD chip? I've been reading about the USB stick method for updating it. I am unsure if I have an SD chip, and couldn't find a reference in the manual book or on-line manual.

My laptop has an SD slot, so I could proceed with my trial if I learn how to eject it from the nav system. Instruction on that, and thoughts on the incompatibility message, please.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
SD>USB adapter? These are cheap and widely available from many sources. I use one all the time for cameras that aren't WiFi enabled, drones, security cams, etc, etc, etc.

I could not find my MacBook Pro or iPad if asked. I was tired of such issues and lack of interoperability. I even had trouble making the MBP play nice with my iPhone.

I do not know if MBPs support adapters, but they should. Then again, they should do a lot of stuff that Apple decided to avoid.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I downloaded the map updater app from the JLR site, and upon starting it up, it said it couldn't work with my OS.
I was just trying to figure out how to update the map myself and I can't find the link for the updater. The Jag USA site seems to have the updater for every model except the I-Pace. Where do you find it?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Wow. It appears they broke it. I just did an update a week or so ago.

It takes you to a page that doesn't even support the cars they sell today. F/I/E-Pace aren't even listed nor is the Duo Pro interface.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
If I can't find the source, I do have the latest map on a stick and it's 9GB.
Most email systems choke on that, and it might be VIN specific since it's a contracted subscription.

Let me hunt further. (888) 628-4482 DOES NOT WORK. That is HERE Inc, and they cannot help you. HERE is the map subcontractor.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
https://jaguarshop.here.com/web/WFS/HA-JaguarNA-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewWebCompanion-ProductList

This is the page where your maps are. First I went to Jaguar Route Planner , then logged in. If you haven't established an account (this should have been done at your dealer), you will need to do that.
Now you are on a page for InControl. On the top bar is Maps & Services, click on that, and you have arrived. It's the top map listed, push Get Latest Version red box and follow the instructions.
Thanks McRat. Found it and downloaded it. I'll install it later today. It was easy once I found the link. It is well hidden I must say.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
https://jaguarshop.here.com/web/WFS/HA-JaguarNA-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewWebCompanion-ProductList

This is the page where your maps are. First I went to Jaguar Route Planner , then logged in. If you haven't established an account (this should have been done at your dealer), you will need to do that.
Now you are on a page for InControl. On the top bar is Maps & Services, click on that, and you have arrived. It's the top map listed, push Get Latest Version red box and follow the instructions.

I had gotten there this evening since my nav screen gave the site info, before reading this.

I registered there, but I'm now in a loop saying I have to associate a vehicle with the account. I enter the VIN, verify the model and color, and it says I'm in. But then when I click to maps and services, I get the 'no vehicle/add vehicle' prompt again.

I had a similar problem with the regular In-Touch registration page at the very beginning of my ownership, and I think I finally had to use my i-Phone.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Is the InControl Route Planner yet a different login from InControl? My info will not log me in, even though I'm sure my info is correct.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is the InControl Route Planner yet a different login from InControl? My info will not log me in, even though I'm sure my info is correct.
Yep, it’s the third or fourth account I have discovered that needs to be created to manage the car. Quite unbelievable in 2019, and JLR should get their act together. Though, I don’t believe the route planner is a prerequisite or mandatory for downloading maps, but as mentioned in another comment, I have so far not been able to download anything, the InControl site is looping on the VIN, not adding my car. And my dealership is as baffled as myself, they don’t find the I-pace even listed for map updates. And again, 2019, and we are asked to download to a memory stick on a computer?? Have previous JLR customers been dead before the I-Pace was launched? But good luck, and please share a step-by-step guide if you are able to figure it out. I promise that I will if I’m able to ?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep, it’s the third or fourth account I have discovered that needs to be created to manage the car. Quite unbelievable in 2019, and JLR should get their act together. Though, I don’t believe the route planner is a prerequisite or mandatory for downloading maps, but as mentioned in another comment, I have so far not been able to download anything, the InControl site is looping on the VIN, not adding my car. And my dealership is as baffled as myself, they don’t find the I-pace even listed for map updates. And again, 2019, and we are asked to download to a memory stick on a computer?? Have previous JLR customers been dead before the I-Pace was launched? But good luck, and please share a step-by-step guide if you are able to figure it out. I promise that I will if I’m able to ?

I also got that VIN loop (after hitting the next button I'm returned back to add my car by the VIN).

How are you visiting that site? Windows or Mac OS, or....?

·
Registered
8 Posts

I also got that VIN loop (after hitting the next button I'm returned back to add my car by the VIN).

How are you visiting that site? Windows or Mac OS, or....?
I tried windows10 with Internet Explorer and Edge, someone reported that that did the trick for him, Mac OS with Safari, Chrome and Firefox, and in desperation, my iPhone....... And I just end up in the “VIN loop”

·
Premium Member
2019 I-Pace HSE - Borasco Grey
205 Posts
Here are the steps. It's working fine for me with the latest OSX release for Mac.

1 - Visit https://www.jaguar.here.com/ - Create yet another account if you haven't already (this is the Jaguar portal on another company's website so the login isn't shared).

2 - Select the Maps & Services tab along the upper toolbar

3 - If you haven't added a vehicle already, select +ADD VEHICLE that will be just below the menu items on the upper toolbar. If you've already added a vehicle its VIN should be appearing in this area.

4 - For North America, select the "Get Latest Version" button from "North America Map + Services Subscription - 3 Years". You should have a subscription already in place for 5 years.

5 - Select Download Map
- a) The first time you do this you will be prompted to download and install the Map Updater app. Hit the appropriate Download and Install link for your OS. On a Mac, once the download has completed and if you are using Safari, you can click the Downloads tab in the upper right of the window to open the downloads list. Double-click the app installer and follow the instructions... its pretty simple.

6 - Once installed, pressing Download Map should now result in a prompt asking you to allow the opening of the MapDownload.app. If prompted about opening an app downloaded from the internet, allow it.

7 - Follow the simple instructions presented by the Map Downloader app. It will want you to download directly to a USB drive so you'll need one handy with at least 9GB of free space. Note that under the About tab you can also enable the option to save a copy on your hard drive, but it doesn't seem the you can do that unless you also have a USB drive in place.

8 - Once downloaded, follow the installation instructions that can be found at a link on the Download web page you were just on https://jaguarshop.here.com/web/WFS/HA-JaguarNA-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewWebCompanion-InstallationGuide

·
Registered
8 Posts
I also got that VIN loop (after hitting the next button I'm returned back to add my car by the VIN).......................
Here are the steps. It's working fine for me with the latest OSX release for Mac
The time for miracles have not ended:smile2: All the sudden my jaguar.here profile has been updated, my car was added, and my subscriptions were all listed. THAT was not how it looked two weeks ago. So then I am one step closer to be a happy camper. Wonder if Dan at [email protected] in ipaceforums.co.uk have had a finger in this after I painted a picture with a rather large brush on what I think of the way JLR Norway wanted to solve the "Multiple users with InControl app" that I posted the other day, and where I also came to mention the map issue? https://ipaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1720

Even though I can go to sleep tonight somewhat being happy that I can get hold of the map updates if I own a friggin usb stick!! Who in the civilised world owns a 30GB memory stick these days? Why on earth can't they just enable the download directly from the car when the car itself is perfectly capable of telling that there is an update available? As one of my developers at work said when I described the scenario "wow usb stick, that is a little old school isn't it?" We are soon half way in 2019, not 1492, and have been talking IoT and connectivity for the last 5-7 years. However, there are lager issues in the world than me going nuts over USB sticks, so USB it is. But JLR, get your act together, your average I-Pace buyer is of a new breed, we care. We are not "middle aged COE in midsized company looking for a premium status symbol not giving a rats ass about technology" Because the new breed cares :nerd::grin2:

·
Registered
1 Posts
The same problem

The time for miracles have not ended:smile2: All the sudden my jaguar.here profile has been updated, my car was added, and my subscriptions were all listed. THAT was not how it looked two weeks ago. So then I am one step closer to be a happy camper. Wonder if Dan at [email protected] in ipaceforums.co.uk have had a finger in this after I painted a picture with a rather large brush on what I think of the way JLR Norway wanted to solve the "Multiple users with InControl app" that I posted the other day, and where I also came to mention the map issue? https://ipaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1720

Even though I can go to sleep tonight somewhat being happy that I can get hold of the map updates if I own a friggin usb stick!! Who in the civilised world owns a 30GB memory stick these days? Why on earth can't they just enable the download directly from the car when the car itself is perfectly capable of telling that there is an update available? As one of my developers at work said when I described the scenario "wow usb stick, that is a little old school isn't it?" We are soon half way in 2019, not 1492, and have been talking IoT and connectivity for the last 5-7 years. However, there are lager issues in the world than me going nuts over USB sticks, so USB it is. But JLR, get your act together, your average I-Pace buyer is of a new breed, we care. We are not "middle aged COE in midsized company looking for a premium status symbol not giving a rats ass about technology" Because the new breed cares :nerd::grin2:
I am French customer an i have the same problem, it is not possible ton link my vin code to my account Jaguar.here.com. I called the French CRC, they said me they don't have any administrator access with this application.
I am waiting for a resolution of this problem since May 2019.
I can not update my navigation system.
Can someone help me?

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
462 Posts
Update of maps completed

I am French customer an i have the same problem, it is not possible ton link my vin code to my account Jaguar.here.com. I called the French CRC, they said me they don't have any administrator access with this application.
I am waiting for a resolution of this problem since May 2019.
I can not update my navigation system.
Can someone help me?
I have just completed the full process as described in this thread and earlier threads. Everything went smoothly - or at least as smoothly as JLR process seem to go currently.
I too had issues getting the VIN associated with the account. I assumed that once the number is entered it automatically is part of the account and would show up immediately - or at least after logging off and back on. I tried this a few times one afternoon - no luck. About two days later when I decided to try again, the car had been added to the account.

Bought a large USB stick solely for this purpose - I have no use for them otherwise - and formatted as FAT32. (Had to download AOMEI Partition Assistant to do this) The navigation update APP seemed a little clunky, but worked and I downloaded the file. Plugged into Jag this morning and went for a drive while it uploaded to the car. Not sure what was updated (and don't really care), but I know that I can repeat in the future once the maps have updated significantly.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts