Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Some dufus rear ended my I-PACE back around mid-December. It wasn't a hard hit. I was in a line of cars at a stop light, and he just inched right into me. He claimed his foot "slipped off the brake," but of course he was probably staring at his phone. The lower and upper parts of the bumper were gouged/scratched by his front license plate and required replacement, to the tune of $3k from his insurance.

It took until early February to actually get the parts delivered to the auto body shop from JLR. The proverbial shit hit the fan a few days before my appointment to get the parts installed, and I postponed the repair appointment for a couple of weeks because I wanted my car in case I'd need to flee to my parents' house out in rural Idaho or something.

Two weeks later, it seemed that things were settled down enough to risk losing my I-PACE for an indefinite period of time, since it's always possible that they discover that they need more parts once they start the repair job. I got lucky, and the parts they ordered were the only ones they needed so I got my I-PACE back in less than a day.

The auto body shop mentioned that they had recently gotten a couple of other I-PACEs in for repair, and JLR was completely shut down with respect to replacement parts. None of the phone numbers were connecting to anyone, and nobody was responding to any emails. The two I-PACEs left in their shop are in limbo for the foreseeable future.
OMG. This is what I am nervous about, and have been only taking my I-Pace out of the garage for necessary food or medications! My servicing JLR dealer said something similar....they have little to no parts, and no shipments are arriving and many things they just cannot get :( We better hope our kitties behave, as it's very likely Jaguar will be out of parts for up to 6 months.

JLR was not doing so great before Covid. Does anyone think this could bankrupt and end Jaguar? :( I could see TaTa keeping Land Rover up and going, but Jaguar is not a money maker. Jaguar makes amazing cars and have great name and heritage recognition, but are a very small, not profitable brand.

·
Registered
544 Posts
OMG. This is what I am nervous about, and have been only taking my I-Pace out of the garage for necessary food or medications! My servicing JLR dealer said something similar....they have little to no parts, and no shipments are arriving and many things they just cannot get :( We better hope our kitties behave, as it's very likely Jaguar will be out of parts for up to 6 months.

JLR was not doing so great before Covid. Does anyone think this could bankrupt and end Jaguar? :( I could see TaTa keeping Land Rover up and going, but Jaguar is not a money maker. Jaguar makes amazing cars and have great name and heritage recognition, but are a very small, not profitable brand.
My repair shop has replaced my I-PACE bumper twice. (2 incidents in a matter of 6 months). This was last year. Parts were easily available back then Repair shop was able to get the parts within days.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
My repair shop has replaced my I-PACE bumper twice. (2 incidents in a matter of 6 months). This was last year. Parts were easily available back then Repair shop was able to get the parts within days.
Last year!!! :( It is bad now. My selling dealer has had Sales, Service and Parts closed now, going on a month! It's dire.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
185 Posts
The auto body shop mentioned that they had recently gotten a couple of other I-PACEs in for repair, and JLR was completely shut down with respect to replacement parts. None of the phone numbers were connecting to anyone, and nobody was responding to any emails. The two I-PACEs left in their shop are in limbo for the foreseeable future.
The main JLR offices are in one of the hardest hit areas of New Jersey across the stateline from NYC. Not surprised. They are under a lockdown.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts