Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While many have closed their Sales Dept. completely, there are a handful of local Jaguar dealers that have shut their SERVICE Dept. OMG!! I bought my Jaguar from Hornburg Los Angeles, and they have shut their L.A. and Santa Monica Service Depts!! SHUT. What does one do with a sick or dead Jaguar? This seems crazy.

We did get emails from several Mercedes-Benz dealers that their Sales Dept. have shut down but they are keeping Service open, and Rusnak Pasadena has let most of their Sales staff go :( But how crazy and reckless to shut down Service Depts.

Also, I know my car is eligible for H280 (I will wait, as it is for sure not essential and my dealer said to for sure wait), but what is H270?

Troubling and unsettling times we are in! Each night I ask my Kitty to stay healthy and not need Service! My local Servicing dealer told me that they are very low and even out of lots of parts, and cannot even order a lot of things needed. Sh*t.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Unnerving times and I hope your car runs like a Rolex watch!

Jaguar of Colorado Springs has implemented new procedures for taking cars that need service including picking up your car and safe measures for transferring keys. To protect their employees I would expect them to close if things get worse and I'm grateful to have a reliable backup.

I will pop open a Guinness, give a hearty cheer to my I-Pace and hope it continues to run well.

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We are staying home, and have been out of work for 2 weeks now. We are ONLY leaving the house for groceries. Grocery delivery stopped about 2 weeks ago, so that is no longer an option. Each night, I send love and positive energy to all our cars in the group and everywhere :) Where we live, walking or biking to a store is not an option really.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
277 Posts
While many have closed their Sales Dept. completely, there are a handful of local Jaguar dealers that have shut their SERVICE Dept. OMG!! I bought my Jaguar from Hornburg Los Angeles, and they have shut their L.A. and Santa Monica Service Depts!! SHUT. What does one do with a sick or dead Jaguar? This seems crazy.

We did get emails from several Mercedes-Benz dealers that their Sales Dept. have shut down but they are keeping Service open, and Rusnak Pasadena has let most of their Sales staff go :( But how crazy and reckless to shut down Service Depts.

Also, I know my car is eligible for H280 (I will wait, as it is for sure not essential and my dealer said to for sure wait), but what is H270?

Troubling and unsettling times we are in! Each night I ask my Kitty to stay healthy and not need Service! My local Servicing dealer told me that they are very low and even out of lots of parts, and cannot even order a lot of things needed. Sh*t.
Yes, definitely troubling and unsettling times. Under the Governor's orders to stay home we have no reason to venture out except for supplies. Not much fun to be had driving "kitty" a couple of miles to the grocery store.
With virtual work and the mess the business and education communities are in, there's not much timed to be out and about anyway.
At least with the weather warming this week, perhaps "kitty" would appreciate a good cleaning and hand washing.

·
Registered
602 Posts
We are staying home, and have been out of work for 2 weeks now. We are ONLY leaving the house for groceries. Grocery delivery stopped about 2 weeks ago, so that is no longer an option. Each night, I send love and positive energy to all our cars in the group and everywhere :) Where we live, walking or biking to a store is not an option really.
We're in the same situation and going stir crazy. The only thing keeping us sane is the grandchildren whom we see every 2 or 3 days. Their parents are fortunately adhering to the social recommendations and we get a distraction for a few hours. Getting in a long drive in the I-Pace helps too.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I got an email today from Stevens Creek Jaguar in San Jose stating their service remains open and has heightened cleanliness processes in place. I can vouch for that. Last week I had the software updates installed there and they were very careful, disinfected everything in the car and all the door handles and maintained the 6' distance rule. It was the first time I had taken the car back to the dealer so there were a year's worth of updates to do, but they were all done successfully in 3 hours. Had a loaner F-Pace, but only drove it home and back. All in all, a perfect experience.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Check the website for your local dealer. They probably post open/closed info for service, parts, distance purchasing, etc. I checked one near me and the service is open with shields put on steering wheels, disinfecting before/after, pick up/delivery of the vehicle if possible, delivery of a loaner if possible, etc. Sales available via other arrangements but not in person at the dealer.

The sales part of it is very much like what I did a year ago when I found a dealer 600 miles away from me with an I-pace equipped with want I wanted. That is extreme social distancing. Deal was done via phone, text, email and internet.The dealer sent paperwork to be signed, I went to the bank to get a certified check or arrange funds transfer, and sent it all back via overnight service. The car was delivered to my driveway a few days later.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
277 Posts
.....The sales part of it is very much like what I did a year ago when I found a dealer 600 miles away from me with an I-pace equipped with want I wanted. That is extreme social distancing. Deal was done via phone, text, email and internet.The dealer sent paperwork to be signed, I went to the bank to get a certified check or arrange funds transfer, and sent it all back via overnight service. The car was delivered to my driveway a few days later.
I admire your courage. And I assume in this case it worked out ok. Personally, I'm the type that wants to handle the fresh produce in the grocery store (though not under current circumstances).

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The local Jaguar dealer I use for Servicing is open as of now, but they told me parts are low and slow to get and they are not making many appts. The dealer I bought from closed Sales and Service, as have a few others. Just keeping fingers crossed for Kitty (and all our kitties). Thanks for all the supportive replies.
This is an awesome group for people on this Forum!!!

·
Registered
957 Posts
So far Livermore Jaguar is still open. However, I think I won't be buying another car right away nor getting the Jag serviced anytime soon. A trip to in-law's house for delivering food, a trip to work and back once or twice a week. Really not using any car much. The new Discovery looks good. Too bad it's ICE.

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Stay home, stop driving. And forget about the latest software available for a while.
100% My dealer and I decided weeks ago to not worry about software updates.

As I mentioned, I am using my car ONLY for groceries and to pick up meds from the pharmacy. No pleasure driving at all, no leaving the house besides for absolute necessities. The concern is if our I-Paces have a break down (and we must be honest...this is a VERY REAL possibility), those who actually need their cars repaired, can be sh*t up a creek.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just had a call from Southwest Jag in HOUSTON where I’ve a deposit down for 3 weeks while new I Pace gets prepped and updated . They let go all the sales reps - including mine - except three. I guess the car is now ready so I need to decide. Seems excessive getting a new vehicle now given problems in the world

·
Registered
57 Posts
Cheers to you, Scigeek, as well. Appreciate the affirmation. It’s just been a weird two months with this Covid and some other family stuff . But I can’t keep sinking repair $$ into the current vehicle

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I understand your ambivalence ... however, one of the most important things we can do right now is to put money into the pockets of businesses (if we actually have money to do so). So you would be doing a good thing actually ? :) ?
100% agree. If the majority of us stop buying, the already tragic economy will slide even faster into a depression. If you can, buy, buy, buy!!!

·
Registered
564 Posts
I got the H280 update per a pre-scheduled appointment this morning. It only took about 1/2 hour.
Service manager informed me that since yesterday was the end of the month that was the day they let people go.

Two service managers are still there. All techs are still there as they have enough Jaguar and Land Rover work to do, plus the owners of these vehicles generally don't tolerate waiting weeks for service. Parts counter person is doing the porter work of disinfecting and driving vehicles in and out. Sales people (or person?) does work from home and is only allowed there for a final signature and turn over the keys/car to a buyer. All others were let go until the situation passes.

And I passed on a car wash. I'm not sure anyone was there to do it other than the parts counter person.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Our Montreal dealer is closed (sales, parts and service) however they are available for service for emergencies. They still answer text messages.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Here's what Baker Jaguar in Charleston, SC is doing per their web page:
A Message about COVID-19

Dear Valued Customer,
I want to provide you with an update on how we at Baker Motor Company are addressing the challenges of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
As it has always been, the health and safety of our customers and colleagues remain our top priority. In response to COVID-19, we have taken additional measures published by the CDC to make our cleaning protocols even more rigorous: This means more frequent cleaning of heavily-trafficked areas including entrances, door handles, customer lounges, workstations, and restrooms. Additionally, we will be cleaning our service shuttles and loaner vehicles before and after each use.
However, we understand that in the current environment some customers may prefer not to visit our dealerships. We are here for you online where you are able to shop for your next vehicle without the need to visit in person. We will also arrange to deliver the vehicle directly to you. Test drives are always available by appointment and we will come to you as well.
While your vehicle is in for service our valets, advisors, technicians, and detail shops are also taking precautions and additional measures to ensure your health and safety. Technicians are wearing gloves while servicing your vehicle, and wiping down surfaces after the service has been performed. If you are in need of service but prefer to not visit our dealership in person, we offer pick-up and delivery by appointment. Please schedule in advance as pick-up and delivery appointments fill up fast.
At this time, we are open for business and committed to providing the same exceptional service you have come to expect. Together we can take preventative measures to protect you, your family, and our colleagues from the spread of COVID-19. We thank you for your cooperation and support in helping us keep our community healthy!
Sincerely,
Tommy Baker
Owner & President

·
Registered
67 Posts
Some dufus rear ended my I-PACE back around mid-December. It wasn't a hard hit. I was in a line of cars at a stop light, and he just inched right into me. He claimed his foot "slipped off the brake," but of course he was probably staring at his phone. The lower and upper parts of the bumper were gouged/scratched by his front license plate and required replacement, to the tune of $3k from his insurance.

It took until early February to actually get the parts delivered to the auto body shop from JLR. The proverbial shit hit the fan a few days before my appointment to get the parts installed, and I postponed the repair appointment for a couple of weeks because I wanted my car in case I'd need to flee to my parents' house out in rural Idaho or something.

Two weeks later, it seemed that things were settled down enough to risk losing my I-PACE for an indefinite period of time, since it's always possible that they discover that they need more parts once they start the repair job. I got lucky, and the parts they ordered were the only ones they needed so I got my I-PACE back in less than a day.

The auto body shop mentioned that they had recently gotten a couple of other I-PACEs in for repair, and JLR was completely shut down with respect to replacement parts. None of the phone numbers were connecting to anyone, and nobody was responding to any emails. The two I-PACEs left in their shop are in limbo for the foreseeable future.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts