Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called the local dealership to ask them about a specific maintenance schedule as I just reached 10,000 miles. With my Tesla Model S I always brought it in for maintenance every 10,000-15,000. The Jag service department told me it would be every two years which really made no sense to me. Even the service rep didn't seem confident and told me he really wasn't sure but was guessing it to be every two years. "This is all new to us and I'm really not sure" wasn't very comforting to me. Has anyone heard of a specific maintenance schedule for our cars??? Thanks!

·
Registered
527 Posts
I called the local dealership to ask them about a specific maintenance schedule as I just reached 10,000 miles. With my Tesla Model S I always brought it in for maintenance every 10,000-15,000. The Jag service department told me it would be every two years which really made no sense to me. Even the service rep didn't seem confident and told me he really wasn't sure but was guessing it to be every two years. "This is all new to us and I'm really not sure" wasn't very comforting to me. Has anyone heard of a specific maintenance schedule for our cars??? Thanks!
Two years seems like an excessive timeframe to go without inspection. I've always taken some comfort in a safety check by the dealer at least annually, even for cars I barely put 5k mi/year on. Brakes, steering, suspension, wheels, etc. all have components that, if they fail, could quickly put your life in jeopardy.

·
Registered
141 Posts
From “Passport to Service” manual (came in the leather brief with the hardcopy of the I-Pace manual), page 20, service is every 2 yrs or 21,000 miles, which ever comes first. I can’t remember where I read it, but the first service must be done within 1 month of your 2 year mark or it isn’t covered for free.

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
21000 miles or 2 years, "which ever comes first." My dealer sales person informed me of this at purchase. Said the only real wear is tires and brakes, but he estimated the brakes would last 75K miles if you drive with regen braking for the majority of the time. I have a heavier foot, so I don't expect to last this long the way I drive the iPace.

They do provide full inspection when I go in for any other event like they did for the regen brake recall. I got the normal vehicle write up sheet that covers all the areas and everything was marked in the green section.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I received a service appointment schedule reminder from my dealer for 4/19/2020, 8:00 am on Sunday, that would be approximately 11 months after my purchase date.
Not sure what to think of it as the dealer is closed on Sundays, let alone the service department.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'm pretty much forced to take my I-Pace in for service like every 6-8 weeks, so...what's the point of "regular scheduled maintenance every 2 years?" :surprise: One time every 2 years would be a dream come true. LOL!!!

Reactions: dtgsrq

·
Registered
113 Posts
I checked my owner's manual (Canada) and it says 34 months. The service manager said 33, I guess, to avoid my being late!

So far no issues at all except for the passenger door not opening from the inside - fixed in 10 minutes under warranty. Owned for 4 months, 6,000 kms.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I checked my owner's manual (Canada) and it says 34 months. The service manager said 33, I guess, to avoid my being late!

So far no issues at all except for the passenger door not opening from the inside - fixed in 10 minutes under warranty. Owned for 4 months, 6,000 kms.
Perhaps the difference in maintenance schedule is due to metric versus standard calendar..... Lol.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm pretty much forced to take my I-Pace in for service like every 6-8 weeks, so...what's the point of "regular scheduled maintenance every 2 years?" [img= class=inlineimg]https://www.i-paceforum.com/forum/images/I-PaceForum/smilies/tango_face_surprise.png[/img] One time every 2 years would be a dream come true. LOL!!!
Haha I hear ya, guess we're the unlucky few

·
Registered
562 Posts
Looks like my first service will be about April 2020. I will be about 22,000 miles by that time. I have not been back to the dealer since the purchase. Very pleased.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts