Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
It's an amazing looking car and if the range and 0-60 numbers are close to what they're advertising then this car will be a huge hit. My only concern is the huge glass canopy. If you crack the windshield the replacement cost will be very high.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am still waiting for my Arcimoto trike, but hey it was $100.

I am a little tempted, but then again the Audi GT Etron...

·
Registered
900 Posts
I'm more interested in the Bollinger. Lucid is a sedan. Who buys sedans nowadays? I use the jag's full height suspension for speed bumps and parking lots. Air suspension is a must in a luxury ride, IMHO. I even use the truck's air suspension to lower when exiting and to rise so I can bomb out of a steep parking lot driveway as I see fit.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually think sedans are too big! I would love a two seater electric. Also most of rest of the world isn’t as big on SUVs and trucks, specially in cities with narrow streets

·
Registered
521 Posts
Very stylish. Very expensive (count on it). Very big IF.

Too many of their ideals for this car are in conflict with each other. Start with the promise of a $60K version.

I like idealism, in moderation.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very stylish. Very expensive (count on it). Very big IF.

Too many of their ideals for this car are in conflict with each other. Start with the promise of a $60K version.

I like idealism, in moderation.
Not to say they can do it but seems the 60k is missing features and has a small battery, so why is it idealism?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Not to say they can do it but seems the 60k is missing features and has a small battery, so why is it idealism?
Everything about this car is high-end and expensive to produce, including LIDAR. A six figure car that can be 'radio deleted' down to $60K?

·
Super Moderator
1,149 Posts
Everything about this car is high-end and expensive to produce, including LIDAR. A six figure car that can be 'radio deleted' down to $60K?
Besides that, what is the demographic they expect to sell it to? It is obviously designed for the rear seat passenger, meaning the owner of the car is not the driver...but what person with the wealth that they have a driver, would be pleased to flaunt the fact they bought a $60k car?

·
Registered
521 Posts
I would add that the proposed $100K "average price" is a bit optimistic. This looks like it'll be priced more like Epirali's other weekend cars when the actual production costs are realized.

I'd love to have one but if Epirali gives me one as a gift I'll have to sell it, or store it. The insurance would probably be too expensive. Besides that, if it ever got a door ding the rise in my blood pressure would give me a stroke. :laugh:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts