Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Since trying to get my nano Google Fi SIM to work earlier this week, I've got no mobile service at all and I no longer have phone app access to the car. I put the AT&T SIM back in and it seems to recognize I inserted a SIM, but won't allow me to set it up manually and won't find a network in "auto" mode. I have WiFi setup, although I needed to connect it manually again, but the phone app and WattCat won't connect to the car any longer. If this goes on much longer, I think I will be making a service appointment. Maybe finally get my TCU 14.2 updated.

My trial period with the AT&T SIM has expired and I didn't renew it, but I would think it would recognize the SIM even if I didn't get service. It did auto setup my Google Fi nano SIM more than once even if the service was no better than 3G, but no longer sets up that SIM either.
Does it say ‘reading SIM’ when you go into the connectivity menu? When my service drops, that’s the message I see.

I may have to make an appointment after all if this continues, but I’m not hopeful they’ll find the issue if it’s intermittent. I hate intermittent issues and I’m doubtful this kind of thing leaves error codes. :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have been using an extra T-Mobile SIM that I’ve had and it works perfectly fine. The AT&T one wouldn’t register and I just popped in the T-Mobile one instead. Spotify, Live Traffic, and Weather all working perfectly.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Did someone once post that the AT&T SIM could be registered on a phone to overcome the failure to register in the car?

Cheers, Steve

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
309 Posts
Does it say ‘reading SIM’ when you go into the connectivity menu? When my service drops, that’s the message I see.

I may have to make an appointment after all if this continues, but I’m not hopeful they’ll find the issue if it’s intermittent. I hate intermittent issues and I’m doubtful this kind of thing leaves error codes. :(
It says "reading SIM" when I first insert it, but otherwise, no. I was seeing some "..." where the "4G" should show up too initially, but no longer see that.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
So I have a theory about the LTE cutting in & out, but my theory is in its infancy. Last night after reading the posts about WiFi passwords being forgotten, I decided to check on my Wifi, which to be honest, I never really pay much attention to. Sure enough my password was forgotten and probably has been for some time. I entered the password to reestablish the WiFi connection and all was well.

This morning the WiFi was still good as I pulled out of the garage, but as soon as I left the garage and was out of WiFi range, the LTE connection never showed up except very sporadically. It wasn't until we stopped, exited the car for lunch and then re-entered 1 hour later, that we got solid LTE back.

Now keep in mind for the last week or so my LTE has been about 95% connected, from immediately getting into the car in the morning, until I return later in the day. My potential theory is that during that time my WiFi was not connected. It's possible that when you have a WiFi connection at home, and then are out of range of your WiFi, it becomes difficult for the kitty to then establish an LTE connection.

I'm not sure what the mechanics are of having a WiFi connection, pulling out of the garage and losing the WiFi normally and then establishing an LTE connection are, but it seems plausible something goes whacky in that process. Without a WiFi connection from the start, it may be easier for the car to establish an immediate LTE connection as I've been seeing for the past week. Of course this may all be totally wrong. :)

41 - 48 of 48 Posts