Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed this issue for quite some time. I'll have a full set of LTE bars (I do have the data plan) and then all of a sudden the LTE drops off the map, no signal. Then all of a sudden the connectivity will reappear. This happens in good signal areas where AT&T service is fine.

So I'm not sure if this is a SIM card issue, antenna or something with the radio receiver in the car.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of issue?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Nope, never see that issue. When I see no bar in the car, it is because I am in the middle of nowhere, and I have no bar on my phone too.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, never see that issue. When I see no bar in the car, it is because I am in the middle of nowhere, and I have no bar on my phone too.
Yeah, that would be normal, but in my case I can go from a full set of bars to 'off the cliff' in a second. Something just doesn't seem right. I even took out the SIM card, cleaned it thoroughly and reinserted the card, but no changes. :(

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
813 Posts
Make sure your phone knows about towers in your area. Look up how to update the PRL for your phone.

My recent phone upgrade brought me a phone with maximum # of bars 5G reception in areas I wasn't expecting (not at my house though, inside or out). If you have an older phone, the carrier may not be publishing updated PRL for it and reception won't be the best it could be.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, this is the car’s LTE in connection with the SIM you insert in the car’s slot, not my phone. My phone doesn’t have the issue.

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
Sorry I misread the posting.
Is roaming set to on or off in the mobile settings?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I spoke too soon. Late in the day the AT&T overlords decided to steal my signal...again. I wonder if it's a bad SIM or a bad reader.

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
I wonder if AT&T is having issues with connected car services in some areas. I've lost all cellular connectivity for the cat. The Incontrol Pro, Live services and AT&T data services have all died in my cat today. Another possibility is that maybe the TCU is the cause because both the internal SIM and AT&T SIM services are not working. I turned off "mobile data" and turned in back on. There's faint letters there saying "Reading SIM".

OTOH, it can connect to the home WIFI. That still leaves the problem of the car's data not being updated to be displayed in the Jaguar app/WattCat/dernotte's web apps.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
670 Posts
@Ayepace ... the new In Control app will NOT update. But, the old/original In Control app updates and all info in correct. New app has not, and will not update for 5 days now :( So strange!

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ayepace, I’ve thought the same thing and twice specifically asked AT&T if they were having general service issues in the area. Both times the response was no.

BTW, when the data drops out on the AT&T SIM, I get exactly the same prompt in the mobile data menu, ‘reading SIM’. I even thought 20B might help, but no luck. I worry we’ll never get to the bottom of this. I made an appointment on Tuesday for this, but I wonder if it’s a waste of time. It seems odd that a SIM would work perfectly for most of the day and then suddenly become intermittent.

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
I have an appointment for the Rover tomorrow (a recall thing for programming that may/may not have been done during a previous recall visit). I'll check the cat before I go. I'll book and appointment if it hasn't come back to proper service.. The local vet has been pretty good and should get to the source of the problem. I'll share any resolution.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have an appointment for the Rover tomorrow (a recall thing for programming that may/may not have been done during a previous recall visit). I'll check the cat before I go. I'll book and appointment if it hasn't come back to proper service.. The local vet has been pretty good and should get to the source of the problem. I'll share any resolution.
As will I if I keep my Tuesday appointment. If several of us are having this same intermittent reception issue, it would appear less likely the SiM reader would be the cause. I should add that mine has been having this intermittent reception problem for weeks.

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
I'm going to point to this https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10173431-0001.pdf + the loss of mobile data connectivity.
Maybe a reset will fix it. Maybe an update to 19.2 will fix it (the update will do a reset too).

The cat is in my garage and locked. I just tried an unlock from Jaguar (original) app and got "Remote Unlocking is not available. The vehicle is in use." Something is definitely stuck on mine.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just tested your theory on mine and it’s a no go. I tried the remote unlocking at the point I had again lost the AT&T signal, and mine unlocked fine. So my issue really seems isolated to intermittent reception with no other symptoms.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
670 Posts
This morning on my way to work, about a 15 mile drive, my AT&T 4G dropped in and out at least 3 times. I have never seen it do this. Something must be going on.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This morning on my way to work, about a 15 mile drive, my AT&T 4G dropped in and out at least 3 times. I have never seen it do this. Something must be going on.
Thanks for that Deutsch. The more reports like this we get, the more it would appear the fault lies with AT&T and not a hardware issue.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So 4G was working all day today. Interesting in that it's Sunday and cell traffic is probably low. Although tomorrow is a holiday, I'll check on it again. I've got an appointment to have it looked at on Tuesday, but I'm not sure if this will be at all productive since it really appears to be an AT&T issue. If it is, good luck trying to get them to straighten it out. I somehow think they look at mobile data as a low priority.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts