Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
It's really looking like JLRNA has gone the route of "ignore and deal with lawsuits/lemon cases". Probably makes more sense for them financially, especially as they're already moving to a different EV platform.

I believe a couple of us got helpful customer service reps (maybe the same rep? don't want to name the person as I think they told me more than they were supposed to) but got shut down hard trying to escalate past that. If anyone having issues wants to communicate further, feel free to PM me.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I wish I had known about that auction. I would have offered $60k. But that's the problem with auction prices -- they don't represent an efficient market price because people like me who greatly value an EV Jag don't have access to the auction. There are practicalities like whether I'm constantly searching for I-PACEs at various auctions.

For my specific year and trim/build, Kelley Blue Book reports that average new price is about $7k less than MSRP at the moment. I got mine for $3k below MSRP back in February when it was pretty fresh on the market. For a new car, the data shows that I paid about $4k more than market average so I could get it 10 months ago. The cheapest used I-PACEs I can find within a 200-mile radius of my house are listed at $5k more than I paid for mine (after incentives).

The cheapest I-PACE with equivalent build/trim and mileage to mine on Autotrader is listed at $9k less than what I paid for mine. For sellers half way across the country from where I live.

I just don't see the supposed massive drop in value in the first year. I'm still sticking with my $10k/year depreciation expectation for the next 2 years.

·
Registered
104 Posts
There was a certified First Edition with 4500 mile at a dealer for $63,900. I almost bought it but someone bought it a before me (or I was told).

Is certified better or it is cover for 7 years or 100,000 miles instead of 5 years or 60,000 miles?

·
Premium Member
1,162 Posts
There was a certified First Edition with 4500 mile at a dealer for $63,900. I almost bought it but someone bought it a before me (or I was told).

Is certified better or it is cover for 7 years or 100,000 miles instead of 5 years or 60,000 miles?
the extra warranty is nice. However considering you are missing out on the $7500 tax credit, that particular car doesn't seem to be a significant bargain. Besides a price that seems a bit high for a used FE, I would have significant concerns that it is a buyback car and if it is, can/will they tell you why? I would want to speak to the original owner...

·
Registered
20 Posts
You paid for a $90k luxury EV and they gave you that? My car is at Anaheim now and service is not good at even answering the calls. Any complaint I have,they make me seem as if I'm crazy or just too picky.

Sorry for your troubles, but they are almost forcing you to bring out the big guns

I got about 9k miles on my I-pace with very few issues. Then a few days ago started getting the "Traction Battery Fault" light. Additionally every time I plugged in there was a always a charging fault. I brought the car in yesterday...
They gave me a relatively new, fully equipped F-Pace, which retails for 68k. I really want my I-pace back... but at least the dealership is trying to keep me happy. So hats of to New Rochelle/Larchmont Jaguar. If anyone needs help there, Look for Johan. He is the man.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've brought my I-pace into the dealer 3 times for "Traction Battery Fault".
First time at 1k mi, they said nothing was wrong, and I saw the error a few more times and didn't worry about it.
Then at >15k mi, it kicked the "Traction Battery Fault" and reduced power so low that I was capped at under 30 mph.
I brought it in, they had it 2 weeks, and said nothing was wrong.
Then in under a week, it refused to move with "Traction Battery Fault".
After 30 days in the shop, they called and said they must ship the car out to have it worked on.
It has 16k miles and 13 month of ownership, and 2 months in service total.

I am waiting for feedback from JLR NA, but I have no confidence in their service depts. I don't think they have a robust troubleshooting system for the I-Pace. Arrgghh.

I think I'm going to force a buy back, since I cannot get a replacement for a Photon Red FE, and my faith in reliability is shaken.

It was my favorite car of all time, so this is really tough. I've never lemon'd a car. The car is excellent, the service is not.
Totally agree and after 11 weeks I have gone out and bought an Audi. I believe the Service people are not properly equipped to deal with the EV at least here. JLR don’t want to know you once you drive out of the showroom. Agree a lovely car but everything that goes with owning one is not worth the trouble YET!

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
689 Posts
Totally agree and after 11 weeks I have gone out and bought an Audi. I believe the Service people are not properly equipped to deal with the EV at least here. JLR don’t want to know you once you drive out of the showroom. Agree a lovely car but everything that goes with owning one is not worth the trouble YET!
Good luck with the Audi, etron I assume?

Had no personally/character when I test drove one. I'll stick with the I-Pace, but your personal comfort behind the wheel is what is most important regarding your choice.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Good luck with the Audi, etron I assume?

Had no personally/character when I test drove one. I'll stick with the I-Pace, but your personal comfort behind the wheel is what is most important regarding your choice.
No Audi A4. Who wants to go through all these teething problems especially as so many incidences can be life threatening. I was fully paid out as the assessor had experienced what I had ie car lurching forwarded unexpectedly.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have been through this with my last car (Volvo T8). The Calif. Lemon Law saved me. After 6 weeks of not being able to fix the problem (and not working on it much based on the reported movement by their APP), they offered my my money back or a new car. I took a new car.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Funny, I replaced an Audi A4 with my i-pace party because the A4 had a serious defect that had the potential to cause the car to go up in flames while parked. I had to park my car outside away from my house for almost a year while Audi struggled to design a replacement part and then distribute enough of them to repair all the cars they were forced to recall...

61 - 70 of 70 Posts