Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard a loud bang today after dropping kids off to school. Going maybe 25kph. Didn't hit anything and car drives fine. Sounded like it came from below. Nothing leaking. Reminded me of the time an 18 wheeler tire blew while I was driving beside it - that loud except came from within my car. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounded like it can from behind me/underneath but couldn't really tell.

·
Super Moderator
2,301 Posts
Could it have been a rock hitting the wheel well?
I forget if you have WattCat; does it show the expected kWh and SoC?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No power drains or anything. About to head to work. Will see if anything affected. Cant imagine a rock was that loud. Will update anything unusual.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
858 Posts
Can the cat fart?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Something similar happened to me once at low speed while I was approaching a red light. I would guess mine came from the left rear wheel area, but that's very unclear. I have seen no ill effects and haven't had a recurrence. The transition between regenerative and friction brakes is always an adventure in my car and is the most likely suspect in my mind. My speculation is probably completely wrong though. I'd really like to know what happened.

·
Super Moderator
2,301 Posts
juice how does the transition manifest? I never notice it, the few times I have to deploy the friction brakes. Feels seamless to me ...

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
I am sure you inspected the trunk thoroughly once you got home for anything unusual. There is a tire sealant bottle under the luggage compartment floor panel for temporary flat repair. I would imagine should that explode it would make quite the noise and would sound as it came from inside the car. I do not know if it is under pressure, since I have not had to use it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts