Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We are generally happy with our 2019 ipace and took it on a road trip. Great highest cruiser. However after 450km driving and one fast charge it lost all the driver profile settings. We tried entering the car with different fobs. No restoration of profiles. Anyone else ran into this? We are running touch software S19A_19.11.4-330884

·
Premium Member
1,162 Posts
We are generally happy with our 2019 ipace and took it on a road trip. Great highest cruiser. However after 450km driving and one fast charge it lost all the driver profile settings. We tried entering the car with different fobs. No restoration of profiles. Anyone else ran into this? We are running touch software S19A_19.11.4-330884
It is not an uncommon experience...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 20 year old XP desktop never lost a profile. JLR would have been better off using India-based TATA programmers, judging from all the software glitches here. Will contact dealer to wait for next update.

·
Registered
392 Posts
My 20 year old XP desktop never lost a profile. JLR would have been better off using India-based TATA programmers, judging from all the software glitches here. Will contact dealer to wait for next update.
Have you tried rebuilding the profile? Mine occasionally disappear but rebuilding is easy. I agree that it's unacceptable for the car to have so many software bugs but the updates are fixing some while introducing others.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Mine has never really lost the profile except when reflashed by the dealer.

You will know when it loses your profile when the dashboard/HUD settings change to the default, and your FM favorites are lost.

There have been minor 'forgetful' incidents. The change to Celsius on the knobs, the occasional source swap on the stereo, and some other minor occurrences have come up about every 1000 miles or so. Not too common.

Reactions: Jtdavi3

·
Registered
95 Posts
You will know when it loses your profile when the dashboard/HUD settings change to the default, and your FM favorites are lost.
It started this morning for me, and all incontrol parameters are gone. Weepee, I join the team ;) ;)
This problem was due to the live app "connect my account" being silently updated. After the update, I had to wipe all existing accounts to be able to successfully recreate one. Nice, really ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a MY20 since August and only lost profiles once after a DC charge (my fist DC charge in 6 months experience. Never happened charging at AC.

Enviado do meu SM-N960F através do Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had my MY21 for 2 weeks and have just experienced this. Both profiles have disappeared and I'm left with just the create new profile option. Strangely I tried re-creating my profile again which was accepted but returning to the main screen again the profile disappeared. This is with v2.0.10 (I think - it was updated over the air last week).
I'm not entirely sure of the benefits of having profiles in the car, apart from when it greets you when you switch it on!

·
Registered
95 Posts
MY21, profile diseappeared (again), cannot recreate it , button next doesn't work. Rebooted without luck. So bye-bye profile :mad:

·
Registered
MY21 Portofino Blue HSE, Pano Roof, Clearsight Mirror, Air Suspension & AD, Upgraded Cabin Light
315 Posts
MY21 profile retention is awful lost mine over 20 times in 8 months.

Full charges seem to trigger it but not always

No sign of any real improvements here. Think it's all part of the Jaguar Customer experience!

·
Registered
MY21 Portofino Blue HSE, Pano Roof, Clearsight Mirror, Air Suspension & AD, Upgraded Cabin Light
315 Posts
MY21, profile diseappeared (again), cannot recreate it , button next doesn't work. Rebooted without luck. So bye-bye profile :mad:
Exit the profile creation and see if you can see a connection. You cannot progress with creating a profile if there is no data connectivity either from your smartphone (plugged in) or the internal data connection.

I had this happen for a day or so in June and then it resolved itself after a reboot but seemed tied to connectivity.

Another annoying issue I have is that the profile sticks but randomly logs out of incontrol. There is no indication of this until you hit the profile button where it reports that you are logged out but it you don't check you never know.

·
Registered
315 Posts
The connection itself works for the integrated services (incontrol), that's the most important, you're right. But spotify depends on a complete profile, so it doesn't work.
I meant you cannot create a profile if there is no data connectivity so it's best to check that connectivity is there before attempting to create one.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I meant you cannot create a profile if there is no data connectivity so it's best to check that connectivity is there before attempting to create one.
Ahhhhhh good point, since the connectivity is restored only 15 minutes or so after a reboot. Will try, thanks !

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ahhhhhh good point, since the connectivity is restored only 15 minutes or so after a reboot. Will try, thanks !
Tried, without success. The profile is dead, long live the profile !

Oh, and I add my car to the miles/km problem, lucky me. No way to tell it to display kilometers, that's really an improvment there :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts