708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unlike BMW to copy, especially a Jag.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bruintoo....Are they? I thought BMW was just currently working with Toyota. Hmmm.....

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jag front grill 1000%, but it is nice with BMW having a much larger (and much more financially stable) network of dealers.

I have this gut feeling that TaTa is going to try and dump JLR...or worse; Jaguar will file bankruptcy! Land Rover/Range Rover sales have always been much higher worldwide than Jaguar, especially in the USA!!

·
Super Moderator
2,352 Posts
I have this gut feeling that TaTa is going to try and dump JLR...or worse; Jaguar will file bankruptcy! Land Rover/Range Rover sales have always been much higher worldwide than Jaguar, especially in the USA!!
Yeah (un)fortunately companies/divisions need to be profitable in capitalism, or they will go the way of the dodo.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Generally, I find the new sleeker BMW body styling a vast improvement over the castellated faceted folded sheet metal designs currently in favor with numerous manufacturers. It appears that like Lexus, BMW is looking to overly exaggerate the grille and I don't find it appealing but for many, bigger means better. Soon Lexus's (Lexi?) hoods will also be consumed by their grilles! The grille has already eaten most of the front bumper.
Since I bike a lot around my city, I tend notice headlights (as in avoiding encountering them up close and personally). The I-Pace double L LED design seems to be popping up on a number of cars (in the single form also) like the current model Toyota Avalon, which has not been know to be vanguard in its design in any way....I believe some Hyundais have them too. As they say, mimicry is the highest form of compliment.
Biked along an i8 a couple of weeks ago. That was quite the head turner and very futuristic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts