Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So while many of us have been parked at home for a few weeks and unable to travel, I thought it would be interesting to hear about the longest round trip that you have taken in your I-Pace. It seems as many are reluctant to travel and use public chargers which is a shame because the car is so much fun to drive. Maybe if enough of us discuss our adventures away from home and the length of our trips some will get out of their comfort zone and hit the road (when travel becomes safe again). I will start. My longest round trip is 700 miles into North Carolina and back to South Carolina. Can any one beat that (LOL)? Only rule: Mileage on a tow truck does not count!

·
Super Moderator
2,130 Posts
We did 1200 miles last spring but that was over several days. I wonder what the longest trip over the fewest number of days has been? (i.e., miles per day)

·
Registered
188 Posts
While my longest trip was only 550 miles, it was over the divide at an elevation of 11,158 feet. Photo Vail Pass.

Reactions: PS702 and Bob O

·
Registered
837 Posts
I did a 4 day trip of 1394 miles/2200 kms last June. Stayed at hotels with free charging, travel cost $0.
Was It a pain to find hotels for charging?

·
Registered
272 Posts
I did a 4 day (I think) trip from Montreal-Boston-Albany-Toronto-Montreal (2050km, or 1280 miles). Charged using several public chargers including Electric circuit and Petro Canada (in Canada), EVGo and Electrify America and hotels. Driving the car was great the whole time.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
298 Posts
My longest was ~1560 miles round trip (not counting the around town driving in Phoenix). I documented it here

·
Registered
131 Posts
I am "planning" a Montréal - Calgary (Lake Louise) - Montréal this summer, almost 8000km, mostly on public charges, and mostly on Petro-Canada network (they pretend to be 350kw but only 200kw for the moment)

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It certainly looks like all the Canadian flag bearers are leading the way in long trips in their I-Pace. I'm not sure I have taken any trips of these lengths even in an ICE vehicle. I salute all of you and keep enjoying the ride!
:)

·
Registered
272 Posts
I am "planning" a Montréal - Calgary (Lake Louise) - Montréal this summer, almost 8000km, mostly on public charges, and mostly on Petro-Canada network (they pretend to be 350kw but only 200kw for the moment)
I have been toying with the idea of celebrating freedom (when it comes) by doing road trip to visit customers across Canada. We have customers in 9/10 provinces. I imagined driving east to NFL, then west to BC and back. Might take a couple of weeks...

About the PC chargers, while they are definitely faster than the 50kW Electric circuit/Flow chargers, I have never gotten above 80kW. Those cables are ridiculously stiff, particularly in winter. I worry they will tear the connector right out of the car! They are great otherwise and to is a nice touch that they have all the amenities (washer fluid and squeegee, trash can) one finds at the gas pumps.

·
Registered
131 Posts
About the PC chargers, while they are definitely faster than the 50kW Electric circuit/Flow chargers, I have never gotten above 80kW.
I have not used them since a while (last october), I was able to get 95+ for a couple of minutes at the very beginning of the charge, but the battery was quite empty and warm, and then it dropped. But still, faster than Circuit Electrique, with their 50kw chargers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts