Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I loved the quirks and idiosyncrasies of my 2019 Kitty and I love them the same in my 2020 Kitty II :)

Today's 97F feels good after Saturday's 115F :-O , but I was feeling a little warm this morning driving to work with my A/C set to its usual AUTO 72.

My range was 200 miles with climate set to AUTO 72. I put both sides to 71F, and the range went up to 205 miles. LOL

I have never seen this before, and I cannot explain it, but I'll take it. Cooler air and more range. Thanks Kitty! #OhJaguar

Happy Monday everyone!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Did you try putting 70 or 65, just to see range going up and up ?
Were you alone in the car ? I have some "smart" settings in my car where it detects that no one is sitting in the passenger seat, and there is no AC, no air flow for that seat. I think I can't change the setting for the other seat in that case.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you try putting 70 or 65, just to see range going up and up ?
Were you alone in the car ? I have some "smart" settings in my car where it detects that no one is sitting in the passenger seat, and there is no AC, no air flow for that seat. I think I can't change the setting for the other seat in that case.
I have smart climate OFF, as I like all vents to blow in the car whether it is just me, or I have passengers. All vents active, cool the car faster (it is much hotter here, than in Canada). I had no seat climate on, just both sides to AUTO 72 and AUTO 72. I put them both to 71F, and the air got colder and started blowing a bit harder and it added 5 miles. Crazy, but Danke Schön Kitty ;)

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
905 Posts
A theory could be this:

The last thing the fan pulls air through is the AC condenser. In order to achieve the lower cabin temp, it ups the fan speed to cool the condenser more. This causes more air through the heat exchanger for the battery cooling in front the condenser. Thus, you get a cooler battery as a side effect and in this case it increased the mileage guess.

That's my guess and I may change my mind at any time without notice.

·
Registered
598 Posts
72 was probably combining some heat to make it more comfortable. 71 was probably A/C only.

I wish there was a way to just disable the heat altogether and still use A/C or just direct vented air.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts