Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To my surprise I cannot unlock my 2019 I-Pace with either the key or my I-Phone! The only thing that has changed since I last used the car is I set a departure time for a couple of days from now. Could this possibly affect my ability to unlock the car? Any ideas would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
140 Posts
It could be due to one of many possible things, some things to check:

The both key fob batteries will die together as the fobs are always transmitting, I recently replaced both of my fob batteries. Press the detent on the edge of the fob and remove the chrome end with the spare key, pry the halves open with the key or a thin coin and replace the CR2032 battery in each fob.

If you don't have any good batteries you can still use the spare key (inside the fob) to open the drivers door. Depress the front edge of the door handle with your thumb and the back end will pop out, if you give it a gentle pull you will reveal the mechanical lock. A 1/4 turn will unlock the door. If you are super lucky place the fob next to the sensor in the indented notch under the steering column and start the car.

If the car wont start the next possibility is a flat / dead 12 Volt battery. Either get roadside assist or ask here for how to access and boost your 12 Volt battery.

Cheers, Steve

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Steve:

Thanks so very much for the invaluable advice. I got in no problem and it looks like some kind of issue with the 12V battery. However, your help was invaluable.

Cheers

Scott

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,147 Posts
There are other posts about opening the frunk with the manual pull cord found behind the plastic plug in the passenger foot well.

Once the frunk is open, remove the panel behind the storage pocket (two screw in retainers), attach a standard battery charger to the large battery on the passenger side (US market).
Charge the battery or try to power up the car fully with the charger attached.

You may want to get the car booked into Jaguar service to validate if the 12V battery/batteries is/are dead and/or if the system needs software updates to ensure charging of the battery is working as it should be.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts