Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ipace wont open using the keyless fob ( I tried both of my fobs). The app on the iPhone connects to the car but it won’t open the doors either. I can’t get into the car even though it is fully charged. Suggestions?

·
Registered
1 Posts
[QUOTE = "Steveg11sings, post: 70805, członek: 5121"]
Mój ipace nie otworzy się za pomocą pilota bezkluczykowego (próbowałem obu moich pilotów). Aplikacja na iPhone'a łączy się z samochodem, ale nie otwiera też drzwi. Nie mogę wsiąść do samochodu, mimo że jest w pełni naładowany. Propozycje?
[/ZACYTOWAĆ]
Reset.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe the fob battery needs changing. You can use the physical key.

thanks for that tip. It allowed me to open the door ( as per the video you sent)
once inside the car nothing happens. It’s as if the batteries were totally dead except I just charged the car. The fobs are both new and have new batteries as well.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,109 Posts
12V battery failure or not charging. We've seen this many times.

Use the manual frunk release in passenger footwell to release the bonnet. Download the i-Guide app for an owners manual that will show you how to do that, or search on this forum.
Remove the trim panel behind the storage well.
Attach a 12V battery charger to the large battery on the right side of the car.
Allow it to charge, or at least give you 12V to be able to start up the car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
12V battery failure or not charging. We've seen this many times.

Use the manual frunk release in passenger footwell to release the bonnet. Download the i-Guide app for an owners manual that will show you how to do that, or search on this forum.
Remove the trim panel behind the storage well.
Attach a 12V battery charger to the large battery on the right side of the car.
Allow it to charge, or at least give you 12V to be able to start up the car.
Thanks. I will try that. Not sure why that battery would be dead though ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I will try that. Not sure why that battery would be dead though ?
I want to thank you so much for that tip. I was able to open the front hood using the manual release and use a battery charger to fix the problem and start the car and drive it to the dealership. We were stranded at our cabin and fortunately had a battery charger and your advice !
You were correct... the 12 volt battery under the hood battery was dead.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a follow up with my note above. The car was towed to the dealership where they tested the battery. They agreed that the battery was dead but after charging it they claimed that it was still a good battery ( ie they won’t replace it ). The real concern that I have is that the mechanic had no idea what caused this issue. That’s very concerning. I was in a remote location and the car had to be towed 150 miles to the dealership.
so far I have had so many issues with this car that I asked the dealership what it would cost to get out of the lease.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts