Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
H264 along with 3 other updates performed successfully and trouble free on 12/31/19.

Today, 1/2/20....cameras dead, all views. Putting car in R resulted in nothing but a semi black screen with some PDC info. Camera "button" on the main/center screen totally inoperable. Also 4G dead.

Called my dealer @ 8am and they scheduled me an 11am appt today and set aside a very nice loaner.

By 10:45am, all cameras functioning perfectly, including Reverse and 4G back to life.

Still stopped by the dealer. We both decided for me just to monitor it. EV tech said systems could still be "syncing" since the update 2 days ago.

So, crisis averted. Fingers crossed. Happy Thursday.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's not just an I-Pace 'thing', I've had similar things happen on previous 'modern' Jags.

Just turn the car off, get out, lock, wait a couple of minutes and restart.

Also, the infotainment system needs to 'boot up', so if you're too quick to get going, it gets a bit confused.

Jaguars are unhurried beasts... :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Even on Teslas, when they're brand new, or you've had major work done on them, they typically take 20-100 miles to "recalibrate" their systems as well.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I had H264 programming on Monday. Picked it up and drove to a nearby charger in a shopping area.
Then I realized I couldn't lock the doors. No lock by FOB. No lock by outside door handle button.
Drove back to dealer. They got the same result.
I got the second FOB from home and the result was the same.
Dealership tried several times for the rest of the working day and got the same result.
Car did not report any problems via Pathfinder.

I checked the phone app during the night and it popped up with THEFT ALERT! Can't do anything in the app with that.
I wasn't concerned because the car was locked up inside the dealership.

Wattcat didn't show anything unusual.

Next morning, dealership reported all is working but insisted on keeping the car until today to ensure nothing else showed up.

The theft alert remained.

Checked phone app yesterday and theft alert was gone.

Picked up the car today and drove over to the nearby chargers. I plugged in to one next to where I had tried on Monday and went off to get ice cream.

While enjoying the treat, an alert to the phone from the charging app for the charger. It had flat lined the charging after 10 minutes and Jaguar app reported it was trying to initiate charging. Charging rate had not exceeded 30kW/hr rate due to battery temperature (most likely). I got back to the car thinking the worst of my luck but it turned out the charger reported its cable was sensed as too hot so it stopped the charging.

I disconnected and drove 6 miles to a charge I typically use and had no problem in topping it up to 100% so I could have a comparison of whether H264 will be of benefit to me. It also verified that the car was not the problem at the previous charger.

BTW, the Jaguar support is closed this week so the dealership could not consult them about the locking issues.

I charged it to 100% at home letting the battery balancing occur. Now I can find out how good H264 is.

Of course I'm curious about a connection of this update with the door locking. I doubt I will ever find out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts