Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any option to limit the charge speed for the I-Pace? From looking at the Electrify America pricing, we'll be charged the 75-150 kW price but only getting 80kW rates (from the posts I've seen elsewhere online). Financially, I'd much rather limit to 74kW and pay the significantly lower rate for a minimal extension in time (plus, the lower 80%+ charge rate would be nice.)

That begs another question - once we hit 80%+ should we end the charging session and re-initiate a session provided that the charge rate is reduced in the 80-100% capacity?

Attachments

·
Registered
427 Posts
Is there any option to limit the charge speed for the I-Pace? From looking at the Electrify America pricing, we'll be charged the 75-150 kW price but only getting 80kW rates (from the posts I've seen elsewhere online). Financially, I'd much rather limit to 74kW and pay the significantly lower rate for a minimal extension in time (plus, the lower 80%+ charge rate would be nice.)

That begs another question - once we hit 80%+ should we end the charging session and re-initiate a session provided that the charge rate is reduced in the 80-100% capacity?
Unless EA has a feature to set the charge rate, there is no way in the I-Pace or app to set the max charge rate.
In terms of stopping charge when you reach 80%, I would say that if 80% charge gets you enough to get to your next stop, you should try not to go beyond. Charge efficiency and rate drops off after 80% and gets slower as you get near 100%. So unless you need to be above 80%, it'll be less expensive for you to stop at 80%.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unless EA has a feature to set the charge rate, there is no way in the I-Pace or app to set the max charge rate.
In terms of stopping charge when you reach 80%, I would say that if 80% charge gets you enough to get to your next stop, you should try not to go beyond. Charge efficiency and rate drops off after 80% and gets slower as you get near 100%. So unless you need to be above 80%, it'll be less expensive for you to stop at 80%.
Completely agree Sbingham60 - but living in Phoenix the extended area network isn't up to par just yet, so heading to San Diego or Las Vegas both require a 95% charge at some point in the adventure.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
One thing I didn't test, and I should have, is stopping the session when the charge rate falls to under 75 kW then restarting it.
There is a huge difference between 74kW and 75kW, .25 to .69 per kWh.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts