Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Setting to Light Load and lowering the tire pressure to 37psi makes for a smoother ride.

Here is a step by step on how to do this:

H/T to @dtgsrq for this recommendation

On the steering wheel, use the thumbwheel to enter the Vehicle Info screen.

Scroll to Tire Information and enter

Enter TPM Load Settings

Click on Light Load to set it

When staring the car, you will notice a quick flash that says: Tire Pressure Monitoring set to light load, but immediately disappears

Reactions: I-Pace

·
Registered
95 Posts
Does the cause any issues with the wear on the tires or driving distance of the car? I always found it interesting that the recommended pressures were different for the front and rear tires also.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the cause any issues with the wear on the tires or driving distance of the car? I always found it interesting that the recommended pressures were different for the front and rear tires also.
I'm sure the range will suffer a bit, but I haven't tested it
The cars come with overly inflated tires from the factory most of the time.

Light load is for 3 passengers and luggage.
5 passengers and luggage would go under the Normal Mode

·
Registered
16 Posts
After setting light load, do you have to manually deflate the tires or does the computer handle that as well?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Don't think the car is that smart. I manually deflated it.
All it does is to set the lower limit so that when the air pressure goes below that limit, you will see an alarm/message.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After setting light load, do you have to manually deflate the tires or does the computer handle that as well?
You have to manually deflate the tires.
The Light Lode mode is just so you don't get the warning for tires being low on air

·
Registered
16 Posts
All it does is to set the lower limit so that when the air pressure goes below that limit, you will see an alarm/message.
Lol I figured it was still manual thanks for humoring me

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
866 Posts
I know mine is smart enough but I didn't get the optional "handy" kit that would reach out, take the caps off the stems, push the little pin until the pressure is correct, and screw the caps back on.
The dumb driver has to get out and make the adjustment with his digital tire pressure gauge. :)

·
Registered
817 Posts
Funny, mine has the auto deflate/inflate option. For only $14.99 I thought it was a good deal. It's amazing to see that mechanical arm come out and do its thing and then retract.

Guess I'm the only one with this option. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts