Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
My IPace is now at the dealer for its third repair of the traction battery fault error. This time it’s been 2.5 weeks and no ETA in sight, so I’m close to Oregon’s 30 day out of service limit, and will likely exceed it during this repair session. The vehicle was purchased from a dealer in WI.

I initiated a buyback and JLR denied it w/o explanation. I’ll reinstitute the demand when I get it back. Not sure if WI or OR law applies.

Feedback and tips are welcome. Car is 1.5 years old w/6k miles.

·
Registered
827 Posts
My IPace is now at the dealer for its third repair of the traction battery fault error. This time it’s been 2.5 weeks and no ETA in sight, so I’m close to Oregon’s 30 day out of service limit, and will likely exceed it during this repair session. The vehicle was purchased from a dealer in WI.

I initiated a buyback and JLR denied it w/o explanation. I’ll reinstitute the demand when I get it back. Not sure if WI or OR law applies.

Feedback and tips are welcome. Car is 1.5 years old w/6k miles.
I'm not sure what state law applies in your case but Colorado law, and I think most states, lemon law is for the first 12 months. I hope your situation is different.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Our car has been in the shop more than 5 months out of the first year. Jaguar denied our repurchase request and our dealership has been less than helpful.

Does anyone have some advice or a contact that could help?
My 2019 has been in the shop for eight straight months - since February, 2021! Before that, it spent over two months in the shop during the first two years. It has had two wiring harnesses installed, and process of taking the car apart and reassembling it the first time caused damage to the axles, the air conditioning and possibly the battery (from repeatedly being powered down and then back up). Jaguar Land Rover has been aware of the problems for months and refused to move on a buyback. I finally instituted a lemon law arbitration in my home state of CT. The arbitrator ordered Jaguar to repurchase the car on September 1st, and I am still waiting for payment. The matter is being referred to the Attorney General's office for compliance, while I continue to be forced to make loan payments on the car. My advice is to file a lemon law complaint and let your state help you. But be prepared to fight long and hard. There is something seriously wrong with these cars, and Jaguar is not stepping up to the plate for its customers. Maybe a class action suit is in order at this point.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts