Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks for the suggestions. Totally clean CarFax and nothing unusual on TOPIX. The car also got a clean bill of health from the Jag dealer (I purchased it from an Audi dealer but I had them send it out for a battery check and full inspection). The car had 20,000 miles on it, so I think any problems would have emerged by now.

I emailed JLR about the InControl issue. Hopefully I can just send them my registration and license and get it sorted remotely, but I guess I'll need to see the dealer to get the key programmed.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
813 Posts
"Other circumstances such as purchasing a used vehicle outside of the retailer network may require self-activation of InControl services."

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I don't see how to make self activation work when JLR thinks someone else owns the vehicle. I think they will require more than me demonstrating I have access to the vehicle.

When I put in the last 8 digits of the VIN, I get the following message:

Vehicle is already connected to another account

Sorry, the vehicle you searched for is currently connected to another customer.

If you are the owner of this vehicle, your nearest Jaguar Authorised Retailer can assist you to remove the previous customer and add this vehicle to your InControl account. You will need to present proof of identity and proof of ownership of the vehicle, You can find your nearest retailer using the Retailer Locator.

Alternatively, you may contact the Jaguar Land Rover Customer Relationship Centre providing them with the above documentation. They will then be able to assist you with this process. You can find contact details for your Customer Relationship Centre here.
<<<<<<

There is no option to proceed with self setup.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Well, put your patience hat on. I went through this same experience after I bought my wife's 2019 Range Rover Velar from an Audi dealer (rather strange parallel to your story). I had to call the Jaguar Land Rover Customer Relationship Centre and the first step was to give them all the pertinent information and then the representative said they would call me back within 24 hours to eliminate the previous owner's account from the car. I waited the 24 hours and called back (sorry to say I trust no one to ever call back) and this time I got a representative that took care of the entire transfer while I stayed on the phone and even waited while I connected the car to my account. This was very smooth and took about 30-45 minutes. My account was established and of course then the remote app could be installed. Good luck and I hope you get a knowledgeable and caring representative.

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
307 Posts
I received two keys but only one works.
Bought mine new and they gave me the wrong key for my second one. That was over two months ago and it hasn't been solved yet. They are supposed to order a new one, but it is on backorder with no arrival time. Let me know what happens with your second key!

Sweet looking ride! (y)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So after being in the weeds at work for the last couple of weeks, I was able to finish getting the I Pace sorted today. It took a trip to the dealer to get inControl to recognize me as the owner. Then it took an hour at AT&T to get the connected car stuff working.

I was able to get the spare key working by just replacing the battery.

I was also able to get my old level two charger working by replacing the 30 amp GFI breaker which was going bad (hot to the touch even with no load on it). I replaced it with a standard non-GFI.

All is good with Greebo.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts