Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Quick question, I have had ACC on several cars, and I currently also have a Ford Explorer with it. It picks up the lanes very quickly and does mild corrections to keep you in the lane. Nothing close to autodrive, but it's a Ford.

I've noticed in my first week with the iPace it takes an inordinate amount of time to find the lane, and often it will just pick up the outside lane. It WILL eventually pick them up, but these are clear, sunny days on straight, level freeway lanes. Is this normal for you guys? The case is brand new and just back from the dealer for all the updates.

Thanks

·
Registered
174 Posts
I havent personally noticed much delay in picking up the lanes. A second or 2? Maybe.

·
Super Moderator
2,269 Posts
See my reply to your other post. You need to drive another I-Pace to prove to yourself that the system in your car is slow. And then show your dealer so they believe you.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
If your foot is on the accelerator, it won't pick up the lanes.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hey guys,

Quick question, I have had ACC on several cars, and I currently also have a Ford Explorer with it. It picks up the lanes very quickly and does mild corrections to keep you in the lane. Nothing close to autodrive, but it's a Ford.

I've noticed in my first week with the iPace it takes an inordinate amount of time to find the lane, and often it will just pick up the outside lane. It WILL eventually pick them up, but these are clear, sunny days on straight, level freeway lanes. Is this normal for you guys? The case is brand new and just back from the dealer for all the updates.

Thanks
Lane Keep Assist or Steering Assist?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If your foot is on the accelerator, it won't pick up the lanes.
Really? Maybe there is a naming convention I am not using correctly. Lane departure warning and lane-keep assist according to the manual is NOT activated when the brake is pressed, turn signal is used, below 37mph, windshield sensor is blocked, off-road or a fault occurs. And lanes narrower than 8ft. It doesn't say anything about the accelerator being pressed.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Geeze. I dunno the names. The one that autosteers kinda sorta, not the sharp jerk when it thinks you're drifting.

Reactions: ipace2020

·
Registered
17 Posts
Set cruise control, take foot of accelerator, and mine starts tracking in a second or 2. It does a pretty good job of keeping the car centered for divided highway driving, including curves.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Steering Assist is explained in a submenu under ACC in the manual
https://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/document/4K/2019/T19929/29937_en_GBR/proc/G2162134
Sorry to be a bother guys, I appreciate the help (exactly what this forum is for). I am trying to get it all straight, we bought a end of year 2019, so we didn't get to specify features as we normally would. I see steering assist now, it is an add on above ACC? The references I see indicate it needs ACC, and in the video, the steering wheel icon I see is dark on mine. But I don't know if that means I don't have the option or it isn't active (like the phone buttons, which don't light up until they are in use).

·
Registered
174 Posts
I believe ACC is standard on models SE and above. It’s optional on model S.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I believe ACC is standard on models SE and above. It’s optional on model S.
Thanks, I have ACC, but is steering included with ACC or is it an upgrade from ACC? It doesn't look that way from the manual and website, but I've never seen the steering wheel icon on the dash or lit up on the wheel

·
Registered
603 Posts
And that would explain why I haven't (nor ever will) see it. Mystery solved.

Thank you!
That's why I asked Lane Keep Assist (which comes standard) or Steering Assist (only comes with Drive Assist Pack's auto cruise control). Lane Keep Assist ping-pongs you to a lane while Steering Assist keeps you centered on a lane (but it only comes on when ACC is activated).

·
Super Moderator
2,269 Posts
No doubt the setup is confusing. You set your preferences for lane keeping etc in the dash menu; but you also have buttons on the right steering: cruise control and lane finding. It makes for a confusing mix of settings. In my case, I have the Drive Assist package, so ACC and LKA. I set the dash menu to "Both" and turn on the steering wheel Lane button; and so when I press 'Set' on the cruise control it will engage ACC and Lane Keeping Steering Assist.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts