Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are two pages of an Excel spreadsheet that converts kWh/100 miles to MPGe and expected range in .25 kWh increments. Expected range is based on the available 84.7 kWh and not the full 90 as has been discussed here and in interviews with Jaguar. Another caveat is the I-Pace underestimates energy used in the trip banks and InControl app which is similar to ICE cars overestimating MPG. For me, obtaining 33.7 kWh for a trip tells me that the car was at or near 100 MPGe and if the car uses 36 kWh then the car can attain near the 234 mile EPA predicted range.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,249 Posts
Here are two pages of an Excel spreadsheet that converts kWh/100 miles to MPGe and expected range in .25 kWh increments. Expected range is based on the available 84.7 kWh and not the full 90 as has been discussed here and in interviews with Jaguar. Another caveat is the I-Pace underestimates energy used in the trip banks and InControl app which is similar to ICE cars overestimating MPG. For me, obtaining 33.7 kWh for a trip tells me that the car was at or near 100 MPGe and if the car uses 36 kWh then the car can attain near the 234 mile EPA predicted range.
Yup. Also see this thread

https://www.i-paceforum.com/forum/546-2018-i-pace-ev-range-mpge-economy/2633-reported-energy-consumption-[kwh-100miles]-utterly-completely-totally-wrong.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts