Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

Would you still purchase your I-Pace

Knowing what you know today would you still purchase your I-Pace

7K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  McRat 
#1 ·
Curious, if knowing what you now today would you still purchase your I-Pace? If so why and if not, why?

#4 ·
I most certainly would! Things may change as I own the car longer but I was tired of driving an ICE that gives 17-18 MPG in city driving - a normal sized 4 door sedan with a 4 cyl turbocharged engine that I didn't push hard. We're averaging over 100 MPGe and don't spew emissions especially when stopped. BEVs are the near-term future and I'm excited to own one and the I-PACE is worth owning.

#8 ·
Most car enthusiasts are searching for a car that they feel truly connected. The I-Pace delivers this connection by instant acceleration , torque vectoring in an AWD platform, and braking as soon as you release the accelerator. As many I-Pace owners have expressed it is an exhilarating driving experience. I think I have even read that some Jaguar engineers feel it is the best handling Jaguar ever built.

#9 ·
This is my 4th Jag (S-Type, XJR, XK8) and loved every one. I felt at home in the XJR and loved everything about it until things started to go wrong. I also loved my Saabs that I drove for over 30 years. 1984 900T and 2010 9-5 Aero were special amongst them but the I-PACE is truly unique.

My perfect garage would be the I-PACE and 2010 9-5. I sold the Saab after the Spyker bankruptcy. I took the car in for service and the dealer couldn't find an air filter for it and I knew right then that it was unmaintainable. I was depressed for months after selling it. Awesome car but couldn't save the company.

#11 ·
Thanks mainly to a broken window, I've had a chance to try several other JLR products. The RR Sport is fine but just another SUV. The Discovery Sport is shockingly good, and it even comes with up to 7. I'd love that in the ipace, which makes me want a Model Y. The E-Pace is shockingly bad. I couldn't wait to get out of it. The ipace wipes the walls and then some with all of them.

Reactions: wbjag
#12 · (Edited)
I wasn't impressed with the F-PACE either. Decent but not worth Jaguar money. I also was given a Discovery loaner that I liked better than the F-PACE but the I-PACE is light years better.

If the I-PACE is a sign of EV things to come, I'm really looking forward to our motoring future.

On a side note I drove my son's 2004 Subaru WRX STI - a truly analog car that's noisy and smelly but a hoot to drive. I can see why he likes it so much.

#14 ·
Coming up on 1 year since I first learned about the I-Pace (saw in July 2018). Last year, I was holding out for images and specs on the offerings of Mercedes and Audi, and I pulled the trigger on the I-Pace only after those were available. Now that all 3 are more fully known and for sale, I'd still go with the Jag by a long shot: better looks (inside & out) AND performance (speed, handling & range). This question will get trickier as time passes and more and more options come available (true about any tech purchase), but until Porsche adds an SUV to its EV lineup, I think the I-Pace will retain the superior EV crossover/SUV title for at least another year. Even Tesla continues to improve, pushing range and adding air suspension to improve handling/ride, but Tesla's interiors, build quality, and service time issues still scare me off. And the Model Y, no matter how enticing its specifications, is certain to be ugly and delayed. Meanwhile the EV charging infrastructure continues to develop, slowly mitigating Tesla's primary advantage: its charging network.

#15 ·
Yup on everything here. Went to Tesla MC forum today and saw the guy saying his performance M3 had a bent door and cracked top glass. Then another person said they had to treat the paint like rice paper. WTF?

#20 ·
I did get a kick out of Plugshare comments by an Model 3 owner that the non-Tesla DCFC sites are bad because they don't recognize his CHAdeMO adapter. Funny, I went to same charger and it worked just fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.