Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, my car would not start. The instrument panel said that the key fob was not detectable. The key fob was actually in my lap. And it worked to unlock and lock the car. I tried several times and it did not work. I then got the spare key and it worked fine. I am wondering if this is low battery in the key fob but it is strange that it works fine to unlock and lock the doors. There’s also no warning that the key battery is low. I appreciate any thoughts

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,249 Posts
Similar events has been reported by others. Yes, it should tell you about low battery. However, replacing the battery (CR2032) cured the problem.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Based on what you described, replacing battery should solve issue. The same happened to me last week. Take it to thee dealership as apparently slightly awkward to change.

·
Super Moderator
2,617 Posts
What is it with batteries?!?! There are issues with the traction battery, with the 12V batteries, with the fob batteries ... can't we get rid of batteries? What gives? This electricity stuff is really complicated, maybe we can use fire instead? :LOL:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Today, my car would not start. The instrument panel said that the key fob was not detectable. The key fob was actually in my lap. And it worked to unlock and lock the car. I tried several times and it did not work. I then got the spare key and it worked fine. I am wondering if this is low battery in the key fob but it is strange that it works fine to unlock and lock the doors. There’s also no warning that the key battery is low. I appreciate any thoughts
I had the same issue. I bought the batteries from Amazon, replaced them, no more issues.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
750 Posts
What is it with batteries?!?! There are issues with the traction battery, with the 12V batteries, with the fob batteries ... can't we get rid of batteries? What gives? This electricity stuff is really complicated, maybe we can use fire instead? :LOL:
LOL. Right? :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes

·
Registered
177 Posts
It does sound like the battery. I had an unlocking problem with one of my electronic keys, but it did everything else OK. The dealer replaced the electronic key and it fixed the unlocking problem. It took 6 months to get the new key.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts