Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both key fobs began to not work every once in a while. Sometimes the car wouldn’t recognize the fob and wouldn’t start. Other times it wouldn’t even open the door. The car needed a new antenna to correct the issue.

·
Registered
268 Posts
So is it fixed? I know both of my fobs started to fail at the same time and needed new batteries.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I went in to get some work done on my car last month. When i got I was told that the remote battery was low, so the dealership gave me two new batteries and changed them out. Since then, I cannot unlock the car with the remote unless I am standing right next to the vehicle. I called the dealer and they suggested replacing batteries again, that perhaps the batteries they gave me were bad. I did. And nothing. I am going to have to make another appointment and take it back to the dealership to see what is up with it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went in to get some work done on my car last month. When i got I was told that the remote battery was low, so the dealership gave me two new batteries and changed them out. Since then, I cannot unlock the car with the remote unless I am standing right next to the vehicle. I called the dealer and they suggested replacing batteries again, that perhaps the batteries they gave me were bad. I did. And nothing. I am going to have to make another appointment and take it back to the dealership to see what is up with it.
As mentioned in my earlier post the problem was a faulty antenna that caused this issue in my car. We tried changing batteries as well but finally the dealer determined that it was the antenna that was faulty. Once a new antenna was installed the problem went away.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Last year about this same time one of my electronic keys would not unlock any of the doors by using the little push button on the handles. Everything else would work. The other key worked ok doing everything. I changed the batteries and the dealer changed the batteries. The one key would still not unlock any door using the little button on the door. They ordered me a new electronic key. It took 6 months to get it. When it came in they reprogramed both keys and they have both worked okay until two weeks ago. Again the newest key(my key) will not unlock any door using the little pushbutton on the door. I made an appointment at the dealer's service dept. I washed the car two days before the appointment. The next day the electronic keys were all working sat. It also warmed up in the mid 60s, after being in the 30 to 40 range for the last 2 weeks. I may be mentioning that antennae next time. It still doesn't explain why only one key fails.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Last year about this same time one of my electronic keys would not unlock any of the doors by using the little push button on the handles. Everything else would work. The other key worked ok doing everything. I changed the batteries and the dealer changed the batteries. The one key would still not unlock any door using the little button on the door. They ordered me a new electronic key. It took 6 months to get it. When it came in they reprogramed both keys and they have both worked okay until two weeks ago. Again the newest key(my key) will not unlock any door using the little pushbutton on the door. I made an appointment at the dealer's service dept. I washed the car two days before the appointment. The next day the electronic keys were all working sat. It also warmed up in the mid 60s, after being in the 30 to 40 range for the last 2 weeks. I may be mentioning that antennae next time. It still doesn't explain why only one key fails.
I had the same issues. Inconsistently working keys. No logical reason why. With the new antenna all is good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is absolutely a Jag I-Pace issue. It is not you leaving the fob in your pocket. It is not that you have short arms. It is not about 1-meter distance.. It is not about the RF antenna. It is not about the batteries. This is a Jag issue. I've been "fighting" with the dealership since the week of purchase (7 months). They have replaced the RF antenna, reprogrammed the car and replaced the fobs. I still cannot use the keyless entry with any regularity (<20% of attempts), I still cannot use the rear tailgate gesture (<20% of attempts) and I get the message that the fob is not not within the car when I attempt a start (>50% of attempts). I am not willing to drop the dime I have and not have these basic functions work. Lemon Laws were enacted for a reason.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts