Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2020 I-Pace S
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been looking to go electric for a while. A great friend is an electrical engineer and been signing the praises of his Tesla forever. When I've driven it I hated the lack of traditional buttons, knobs, etc. Was pleased to find several 2020 S models in town and after reading a huge amount and test driving one I made a deal. Brought it home Friday and am having a level 2 charger installed tomorrow. Can not believe the torque, even in Eco. Also got a great deal from GA Power on a Charge Point charger. No one I could find was discounting them (and no the $1 off MSRP at Amazon does not count IMHO) but GA Power is doing an instant $250 rebate for customers! It arrived today. I also signed up for the EV rate with GP and will be getting 1cent/kWh from 11p-7a. So, for non-trips it should be about as cheap to operate as possible! Looking forward to reading more here and learning the ins and outs of the vehicle.
Car Vehicle Wheel Tire Grille

·
Registered
732 Posts
Nice! I set up mine to charge from 10a-6p to take advance of my off peak hours!

Scheduled charging is great.
Human body Rectangle Art Font Handwriting

In reality as long as I don’t charge from 2p-7p I’m getting pretty low rates.

Reactions: Docrwm

·
Registered
2020 I-Pace S
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow is this car a head turner. I’ve never been slow rolled like this before. Driving home from work in traffic and had two different guys in sports cars slowly pass me, thereby holding up traffic. One guy did it a second time with his window down just staring at the car. Went to dinner last night and a woman in an SUV passenger seat was so obvious that my wife noticed ;)

·
Registered
2020 S
141 Posts
I'd be careful with GA Power's EV rate between June and September. You can download your hourly usage from their website and calculate if the EV rate offsets their high peak rate. For me it doesn't because my wife and kids are home during the summer so the EV rate doesn't offset powering the A/C during peak hours.

·
Registered
2020 I-Pace S
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'd be careful with GA Power's EV rate between June and September. You can download your hourly usage from their website and calculate if the EV rate offsets their high peak rate. For me it doesn't because my wife and kids are home during the summer so the EV rate doesn't offset powering the A/C during peak hours.
Thanks. Kids are working and so is the wife. I’ll double check but I think as long as we don’t run endless dryers 2-7pm we’re better off.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Wow is this car a head turner. I’ve never been slow rolled like this before. Driving home from work in traffic and had two different guys in sports cars slowly pass me, thereby holding up traffic. One guy did it a second time with his window down just staring at the car. Went to dinner last night and a woman in an SUV passenger seat was so obvious that my wife noticed ;)
the other day I came outside from a doctors office and caught a lady taking a pic of my car with her phone before waking away.

I was checking tire pressures at Costco and a lady stopped and talked to me for 20 min. I’m not even sure she needed air in her tires.

I was idling in a parking lot and caught two guys and a woman talking about 10 feet away. The guys were definitely shooting glances. Whether it was a compliment on the car or complaint about the fan noise I dunno. Prolly the former!

·
Registered
41 Posts
the other day I came outside from a doctors office and caught a lady taking a pic of my car with her phone before waking away.

I was checking tire pressures at Costco and a lady stopped and talked to me for 20 min. I’m not even sure she needed air in her tires.

I was idling in a parking lot and caught two guys and a woman talking about 10 feet away. The guys were definitely shooting glances. Whether it was a compliment on the car or complaint about the fan noise I dunno. Prolly the former!
I was driving to work last week and noticed an ioniq 5 staying behind me for quite awhile. When we finally got to a red light I saw him taking pictures in my rearview mirror haha.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have been looking to go electric for a while. A great friend is an electrical engineer and been signing the praises of his Tesla forever. When I've driven it I hated the lack of traditional buttons, knobs, etc. Was pleased to find several 2020 S models in town and after reading a huge amount and test driving one I made a deal. Brought it home Friday and am having a level 2 charger installed tomorrow. Can not believe the torque, even in Eco. Also got a great deal from GA Power on a Charge Point charger. No one I could find was discounting them (and no the $1 off MSRP at Amazon does not count IMHO) but GA Power is doing an instant $250 rebate for customers! It arrived today. I also signed up for the EV rate with GP and will be getting 1cent/kWh from 11p-7a. So, for non-trips it should be about as cheap to operate as possible! Looking forward to reading more here and learning the ins and outs of the vehicle. View attachment 6853
Congrats - Im in the Atlanta area as well, who did you get to install your charger?

·
Registered
732 Posts
Congrats - Im in the Atlanta area as well, who did you get to install your charger?
Jaguar partners with qmerit. I didn’t end up contacting them. Each person situation is somewhat unique it seems. I contacted a couple of people and went with the guy who found a way to do it without ripping up drywall in my basement!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Californian here dreaming of those rates. Here is our summer scenario. It gets 1-4 cents cheaper during the winter.
Rectangle Parallel Font Circle Technology

Good thing solar is so viable here and I can sell back at the same rates as I buy if I over generate (for now at least).

·
Registered
2020 I-Pace S
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Rick Smith Electric. Clean and tight install. Required moving and using double wafers in my main breaker box but we had the capacity for 60 amps to max out the throughput to the car.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I was driving to work last week and noticed an ioniq 5 staying behind me for quite awhile. When we finally got to a red light I saw him taking pictures in my rearview mirror haha.
I was driving on the highway in the caesium blue I pace and coming up behind me was a beautiful cesium blue f pace! There were two guys inside. Saw them come up and and it looked like they were taking photos of me. Eventually I got into the right lane and slowed down. They gave me a look as they passed (couldn’t tell if it was good or bad, just looking). Then I realized that it was cesium blue F pace SVR!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts