Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

I would buy an IPACE again?

• Not ever. I've had nothing but issues.

Votes: 0 0.0%

JLR Listen to Your Fan Base for the 2024 IPACE

9K views 52 replies 18 participants last post by  pbmusic 
#1 ·
OK. I love my Ipace. It is the best car I have ever owned. I've had BMW's, Cadillacs, Audi's, Corvettes, etc. To me it's an exotic looking car that is timeless and classic in style. It drives like a sports car but has lots of storage to make it function like a much larger SUV. With that said I would like to talk about what fixes need to be made or design changes to make future Ipace's relevant in today's market and what not to change. I'll go first and then after a week or so I will send this to the JLR Customer Service department and any other department that I think is relevant. .

1. Keep the styling. I would not change a thing. Add an option for a two tone paint job. This is how Victory motorcycles competed with Harley when they were in business. They offered amazing paint on their bikes.
2. Wheel choices. I would love to see more innovative, interesting wheel designs. That said I love the stock wheels on the 2020 HSE
3. Tires: Please get rid of the Goodyear tires that come stock on most of our cars. These tires literally fall apart and are dangerous, imho. A premium car needs premium tires.
4. Charging port: I park my car in an area of my yard that doesn't have the best lighting. The little light under the charging port door is inadequate. We need a large light so we can get the charging cable hooked up on the first try. I find that I have to pull my phone out and use the flashlight for help.
5. The sensor that opens the rear hatch with a waving foot is terrible. Sometimes it works and most times it just frustrates the user. This is crazy. Fix the sensor to work on the first time, every time.
6. Make the button to open the rear hatch larger.
7. If possible make it so the rear seats can be opened from the rear hatch or from inside the car.
8. KEEP the tactile buttons. Please don't go to all touch screens and don't glue a screen on to the top of the dash like BMW does. For simple tasks like changing heat temps the physical buttons work best. SOme touch screens are fine. I think the current IPACE does a good job of melding the two.
9. Please fix the "hands free driving" it doesn't work in most situations and can be dangerous. I've had this option off and the car still pulled the car back into the lane when I got close to the shoulder line. This is very surprising and can be alarming. In situations where the road lines are in excellent condition the car will not always stay in the lane. I would like this function to work properly.
10. Cruise control. I find that turning on cruise is a learning curve and can be frustrating to enable at times. This needs to be simplified.
11. HUD. I would give more options on how this can be configured. It does work well and I love having it.
12. Range. Obviously the range needs to be closer to 400 miles and charging speeds need to be updated to the latest and greatest.
13. Suspension. The car rides like a magic carpet. I wouldn't do much here. The air suspension and being able to raise and lower the car is brilliant.
14. Driving dynamics. This car is a real driver. It comes close to my C7 Corvette on curvy roads. Don't mess this up and don't change the shape of the wheel to be cool. It is cool, as is.
15. Infotainment center: There are a lot of things to like. I don't mind finding all the settings since they are only set once. However, the GPS needs to be updated to work better. I would love to see a Google system in the car and yes we need it to be more snappy and less buggy but overall I don't have huge problems with it but yes it needs a major overhaul. Privipro is a good start. .

I'll end it here even though I have a ton more to write. Remember to vote

See less See more
#48 ·
Good quote from from the second article:

“JLR's frequently criticised two-year silence on the progress of its Jaguar project is believed to be because its ringmasters, Bolloreand McGovern, are acutely aware of the risks associated with completely overhauling a company with such strong traditions as Jaguar — and, according to fellow executive Nick Collins, are determined to “have something great to show" before they take the wraps off their new models.”

I really hope they knock it out of the park.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.