Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

I would buy an IPACE again?

• Not ever. I've had nothing but issues.

Votes: 0 0.0%
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
1,072 Posts
..... There are batteries in the pipeline, should come on stream within three years, that will give a range of 1000km and charge in ten minutes.
Just because these fantasies have been, and continue to be, repeated over and over doesn't change that this is pure fiction.
If these batteries were anywhere near commercialization the companies developing them would be the darlings of the investment markets. Perhaps by 2030 in new models, but remember the develop time of a new car. New battery tech would need to be available 2-3yrs ahead of a new car launch to allow for battery management schemes and hardware to be developed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just because these fantasies have been, and continue to be, repeated over and over doesn't change that this is pure fiction.
If these batteries were anywhere near commercialization the companies developing them would be the darlings of the investment markets. Perhaps by 2030 in new models, but remember the develop time of a new car. New battery tech would need to be available 2-3yrs ahead of a new car launch to allow for battery management schemes and hardware to be developed.
The Qilin battery, made by CATL, is expected to appear in electric cars in Europe in 2023.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
1,072 Posts
The Qilin battery, made by CATL, is expected to appear in electric cars in Europe in 2023.
In China inItially. Not convinced by the article - it seems to be hype not factual reporting. But I'll keep an open mind, but I won't be planning my purchasing around such a revolution in a couple of years.
Additionally, if the battery tech really could deliver a 10-80% charge in 10mins (assuming ~80kWh battery pack) that is a continuous charging rate of 336kW). We have a few of these ultra fast L3 chargers around the US, but they are far from universal. It will be years before this sort of tech (both batteries and charging) is available generally.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Haven’t seen much buzz about Jaguars reimagine strategy recently. I came across this article that had some new info about the proposed lineup of an SUV, sedan, and I pace

·
Registered
‘22 Portofino Blue/Sienna HSE
110 Posts
Haven’t seen much buzz about Jaguars reimagine strategy recently. I came across this article that had some new info about the proposed lineup of an SUV, sedan, and I pace

Unable to read article without subscribe. What's the update around the horizon?

·
Registered
975 Posts
Good quote from from the second article:

“JLR's frequently criticised two-year silence on the progress of its Jaguar project is believed to be because its ringmasters, Bolloreand McGovern, are acutely aware of the risks associated with completely overhauling a company with such strong traditions as Jaguar — and, according to fellow executive Nick Collins, are determined to “have something great to show" before they take the wraps off their new models.”

I really hope they knock it out of the park.

·
Registered
‘22 Portofino Blue/Sienna HSE
110 Posts
41 - 52 of 52 Posts