Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

I would buy an IPACE again?

• Not ever. I've had nothing but issues.

Votes: 0 0.0%
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice update and I also pray it will come also for the cars with Touch Pro. I hope that Jaguar will not forget us. Auto-resume from standstill is the only one thing i miss when i use ACC every day every moment when its possible and it is very addictive also with line keep assist. 3 seconds is really short and annoying when i need every time pushing the accelerator again when traffic stop front of me.

Maybe one day they add also some warning if line assist lost the line and dont just turn off but also make some warning about it

·
Registered
975 Posts
I would much prefer a stick shifter to transmission buttons. Something more like the BMW i4, or Volvo Recharge XC40 or (my favorite) the Audi e-tron. The existing buttons look old-fashioned and cheap, not at all in keeping with the luxury feel of the car overall. And it is easy to hit the wrong button.

There should be two buttons on the tailgate, one to close and one to close and lock. My BMW x3 had this!.

Keyless entry – okay, but Lexus has it so that the interior lights come up as you approach the car. Nice safety touch.
I would also much prefer a stick to change gears! Would make it feel more like a sport car. And it would be a nice place to rest your right arm while driving. I got used to that in my previous car.

interestingly, I wondered why there were usually two trunk close buttons in my previous car. I never felt the need for them and don’t miss a second one. What do you find the two buttons useful for?

My interior lights up and the puddle lights come on when I unlock the car. I find that sufficient. But one of my biggest complaints is that it doesn’t auto lock and unlock when I approach. The model y uncannily seems to know when I want it to turn off or stay on. I initially missed not having a start/stop button but have learned to trust the car.

And don’t get me started on phone as a key! I’ve decided my next car will have a FOB for backup only.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Honestly the only things I would want "improved" on the I-Pace are:

1) Fast charging rate, its not a question of "use case" it is about knowing that I can use and recommend the car as a daily driver for people who may on occasion need to use fast chargers. The current is just on the cusp, but honestly if I had to take a trip I am taking my ETron GT any day over the I-Pace for charging rate.

2) The "look and feel" of the instrument cluster. I know this seems "minor" but one of the major luxury/brand queues for a car of this quality is the HUD and information shown to driver. The dash panel looks like it is stuck in the 90's in design and worse of all updates at like 5-10 times a second. I know it doesn't matter but it makes the car "feel" clunky and old. If you want to compare to something look at the Audi virtual cockpit and/or BMW. They update at fast rates and "feel" smooth and modern.

3) Infotainment and navigation: I don't think I have to say anything. For those of us who just use CarPlay or Android Auto its a non issue, but still....

The foundations of the car are first rate. I think its the brand, the fact that it is treated as a "state secret" in the US (yes to this day there are people who have no idea Jaguar has a BEV), and dealer network. Anyone who has actually seen and driven in it has been amazed, but I have a hard time getting people to commit to it from the perception factor.

·
Registered
2020 I-Pase HSE in Fuji White
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

1) Fast charging rate, its not a question of "use case" it is about knowing that I can use and recommend the car as a daily driver for people who may on occasion need to use fast chargers. The current is just on the cusp, but honestly if I had to take a trip I am taking my ETron GT any day over the I-Pace for charging rate.

2) The "look and feel" of the instrument cluster. I know this seems "minor" but one of the major luxury/brand queues for a car of this quality is the HUD and information shown to driver. The dash panel looks like it is stuck in the 90's in design and worse of all updates at like 5-10 times a second. I know it doesn't matter but it makes the car "feel" clunky and old. If you want to compare to something look at the Audi virtual cockpit and/or BMW. They update at fast rates and "feel" smooth and modern.

3) Infotainment and navigation: I don't think I have to say anything. For those of us who just use CarPlay or Android Auto its a non issue, but still....

The foundations of the car are first rate. I think its the brand, the fact that it is treated as a "state secret" in the US (yes to this day there are people who have no idea Jaguar has a BEV), and dealer network. Anyone who has actually seen and driven in it has been amazed, but I have a hard time getting people to commit to it from the perception factor.
Agree fully

·
Registered
975 Posts

I feel like the charging has been “fixed” with the 2022 models with the 11 kW charger (same as model Y, but not in the same league as the 22 kW etron GT!).

I agree the I pace interior looks like it was designed in 90s and updated. I honestly prefer the interior of the f pace.

Car Vehicle Speedometer Gear shift Motor vehicle

For the infotainment and navigation, Pivi pro is big upgrade in terms of usability. It’s still not winning any awards but it’s not as inferior compared to competition.

·
Registered
2020 I-Pase HSE in Fuji White
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Touchpro works fine for us. It's very usable and solid. Traffic updates work well with my TMobile sim card. We plug in every night and very rarely even use half of the range. I've had many luxury cars and the fit, finish and luxury is too notch. There isn't one knob or button that feels cheap. The leather is soft and durable. Overall we love the interior and feel there is a good mix of touch and manual buttons.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
To be clear I am personally a huge fan of the interior design as a whole, i was only talking about the "look and feel" of the instrument panel not the interior. The infotainment looks good even in the 2019 model but the functionality is very poor. Like try voice entry of nav destination....

Overall the responsiveness of infotainment vastly improved from release and is almost acceptable in response, but it still is a bit clunky. To this day the surface response display doesn't correctly show torque on the 4 wheels...

BTW ran into a very nice gentleman last night at a charger who loves my Audi and was asking me about EVs and Teslas. I told him to test drive the E-Tron GT, the Taycan and the I-Pace. He had no idea what the I-Pace was, and I had to tell him all about it. Again state secret.

·
Registered
140 Posts
To be clear I am personally a huge fan of the interior design as a whole, i was only talking about the "look and feel" of the instrument panel not the interior.
Better than the new trend of sticking wide screens, flat or curved, onto the dash. Still want to feel I'm driving a car, not a technology pod.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I wasn't arguing for that. Again I was only talking about the graphics, the update and the information displayed on the digital dash.
I understand. I-Pace graphics and info get the job done for me. Not impressed by information overload. Hate the idea of driving a tablet. Design matters, not fart apps. My car must have style...must please me to be sitting in it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Okay I have a confession: when I had a Model 3 I enjoyed Fart Mode very much.

I mean look the Easter eggs and all are fun, but I would like that level of software combined with proper hardware of a car that feels like a nice car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sometimes I miss a night vision feature. I have it on my Audi A8 (so I see heat trace of the animal at night). Its not perfect but many times saved me to not crash into a rabbit , deer, or any other collision at night with animals sitting next to the road waiting for kamikazze. I see them long before approaching them and I have time to slow down.
Luckily there was no situation yet to test on I-Pace but does have the I-Pace a collision avoidance feature what also take effect with rabbits / deers or it react only on humans ? I am really don't want to test how collision assistant works / reacts 😃
Currently I only rise the car to off-road height when I cross the road where I know was many animals around to prevent damage on car when I accidentally hit the rabbit 🙄 but this don't help me much with deer or boar.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,242 Posts
@ivan83 please read the owners manual, iGuide or online manual. It has a lengthy description of the operation of the safety features. In fact it only mentions that it might detect pedestrians and cyclists in some circumstances.

·
Registered
152 Posts
@ivan83 please read the owners manual, iGuide or online manual. It has a lengthy description of the operation of the safety features. In fact it only mentions that it might detect pedestrians and cyclists in some circumstances.
Confirmed, I have experienced our MY21 automatically initiating braking as a cyclist stopped late in front of and perpendicular to the car.

·
Registered
152 Posts
As previous posters have eloquently pointed out, the iPace ticks a lot of positive boxes. In fact, the pros outweigh the cons by a considerable margin. All EVs suffer to various extents in extremes of temperature. The thermal management of the iPace battery pack is lacking. That it can only heat the cabin or the battery at any one time is a significant handicap for longer trips during, for example, winter conditions. The charging times from 20-80% can be double those of optimum summer temperatures. Preconditioning of the battery en route to a programmed stop at a HPC has become a standard feature on premium EVs. I would rather spend a few kWh heating the battery than waiting around at a HPC if possible.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don’t have many of the issues mentioned here, love the car and I will definitely buy another. By then I hope slow charging will be faster (we have many, free public chargers in Monaco, at least half are 22kw but my car will only charge at 7kw) and fast charging will be, well, fast.
Range of course has to improve. My regular drives are 1km to the supermarket or 300km to the country. 300km on the motorway, even since I’ve learned to drive slowly (100-110kph rather than the 130kph limit), is only achievable in the warmer months. There are batteries in the pipeline, should come on stream within three years, that will give a range of 1000km and charge in ten minutes. I’m hoping Jaguar will be installing those…
As one previous poster mentioned, I would also love to drop the AWD sometimes. Parking is tight here, and roads are narrow and twisting, I’d love a turning circle that is a bit smaller than a school bus.
And even if I can’t have the dream, could Jaguar PLEASE do something about the colours on offer! Black says chauffeur here, red is too hot and aggressive, white is for Teslas and grey is, well, grey. Sorry to all of you who love black, red, white or grey but I would love it if something a little more imaginative were on offer by the time I come to buy a new ipace.

·
Registered
152 Posts
And even if I can’t have the dream, could Jaguar PLEASE do something about the colours on offer! Black says chauffeur here, red is too hot and aggressive, white is for Teslas and grey is, well, grey. Sorry to all of you who love black, red, white or grey but I would love it if something a little more imaginative were on offer by the time I come to buy a new ipace.
True, British Racing Green please!

21 - 40 of 52 Posts