Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good news for January but can they fast track this?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Going fully electric is good. Generally.
BUT, in my opinion the ev charging infrastructure should come first. I see so many YT videos on the lack of suitable chargers and how bad the maintainance is on the units, payment methods, help lines not answered etc so yes, we should go fully ev route but if you want those cars to move we need MUCH BETTER CHARGING FACILITIES. and now....

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
585 Posts
BUT, in my opinion the ev charging infrastructure should come first. I see so many YT videos on the lack of suitable chargers and how bad the maintainance is on the units, payment methods, help lines not answered etc so yes, we should go fully ev route but if you want those cars to move we need MUCH BETTER CHARGING FACILITIES. and now....
Last time I charged away from home was June last year, and during that time I have put on ~8kmiles. A small % of EV use necessitates the improved charging infrastructure. Especially in the current health environment, extensive long distance usage should not be a common mode of usage.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are correct about the charging. All OEMs are working together to standardize these concerns. I will say its very disappointing that they don't make this a priority

Reactions: Deutsch100

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Everyone has standardized on the charger plug but Tesla. Now we need everyone to standardize on charge rates. The manufacturers are shooting themselves in the foot on this, but no individual will manage it. They need to get together.

And yet it's all silly, because for long distance driving, the future is hydrogen.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The winner of the auto industry will be the companies that can scale an EV platform, then monetize the data in the future.
I predict JLR will use the VW MEB platform or a Magna developed one.

My prediction for the winners:
1) VW
2) GM
3) Hyundai

1 - 6 of 6 Posts