Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,263 Posts
This is good to hear:
Other priorities? “Electric cars are a big thing for us. We’ve had a strong start with I-Pace. And, as you know, the new XJ will be all electric. That’s going to be terrific, a story of serenity and calm, a very beautiful car with nice colours and materials, not at all flashy and not full of intimidating technology."

·
Registered
691 Posts
I had a 2004 XJR that was awesome. I hope I don't regret not waiting for a couple of years to get the new one. Even the last ICE XJ was beautiful and I did think about buying one but I wanted something greener and more efficient.

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another article on the new Jaguar design director. Excerpt below.

As electric cars change the market, where does the I-Pace fit in Jaguar’s legacy.
In more established electric vehicle markets, like Norway, whenever I speak to those customers, none of them would ever consider going back to an internal combustion engine. The challenge has always been how we make that experience “Jaguar.” If the experience is all about efficiency, quiet, no noise, no leaky oil, it’s less of an automotive experience. How do you really make it count?

Jaguar's design director, Julian Thomson, with the electric I-PACE.

Julian Thomson with Jaguar’s electric I-Pace. Photo: Courtesy of Jaguar Land Rover Automotive PLC.
We hemmed and hawed about whether we should go electric, whether we could make an electric Jaguar which is genuinely Jaguar. The I-Pace presents that with its effortless driving, handling and luxury. We feel we can add to that with more luxury, more serenity, but also this effortless power.

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And now a video showing an interview with the design director.

·
Registered
893 Posts
And now a video showing an interview with the design director.

Great interview. I like the direction JLR is going with design and electrification. Its crucial for their survival and to stand out from the German counterparts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts