Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow I-pacers! 🙂

received my I-pace 3 weeks ago and all is great except that I downloaded the Jaguar Route Planner app but I cannot get it to connect. When I sign in it says that “no vehicle found”. My car is registered and my Jaguar account is fine, and I use the Jaguar remote App regularly without any problems. I’ve been to the dealer and they could not get it to work either. they finally gave up and gave me an appointment for a full electronic reset.

in the meantime, I have researched a bit and found a couple of posts saying that the route planner does not work with the pivi pro, but surely the agent would know this, no???

any 2022 pivi pro users working with route planner?

thanks for any info

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,939 Posts
Are you registered at jaguar.here.com? You need an account there. It should have been set up by the dealer at time of a new car purchase. It requires an email address and password. Can you successfully login there?

·
Registered
50 Posts
It is correct to say that the Jaguar Route Planner does not work with the Pivi system. The app description (at least on Google Play) implies it is [only] for the Touch Pro system. Supposedly a new official app or capability is under consideration or development but that is all I have been able to determine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Route planner on the Jaguar sucks for the most part. You might be happier using wireless Carplay/AA and using your favorite phone mapping app.
Thanks, yes, am already doing that. Just bugs me a little as to why the Jaguar Route planner is not working on my car. Also, an app on carplay can‘t be viewed on the driver screen, which is more convenient.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is correct to say that the Jaguar Route Planner does not work with the Pivi system. The app description (at least on Google Play) implies it is [only] for the Touch Pro system. Supposedly a new official app or capability is under consideration or development but that is all I have been able to determine.
Thanks. Might well be the case but just wondering how the official Jaguar dealer here would not be aware of that!?! :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you registered at jaguar.here.com? You need an account there. It should have been set up by the dealer at time of a new car purchase. It requires an email address and password. Can you successfully login there?
yes, I am set up with Jaguar.here and have an account that seems to work, but says that no car is found when I log in. :(

·
Registered
2020 Indus Silver
69 Posts
Personally, just speaking for myself, I find the tiny map filling only one third of the driver-side screen too small to be useful. My previous Audi filled that screen with the map.

I don’t blame car makers for giving up trying to keep up with Google, Apple, and Waze on navigation. It’s hopeless. To keep the Jag maps up to date, one has to continually be downloading to a usb stick and then updating manually. Then after awhile, one gets to pay for the privilege of having current traffic info on Jag’s inferior navigation.

However, if Jag is going to give up like this on route planning then they should make the small effort to pass along realtime car info (like state-of-charge and battery temp) to Apple, eg. Then, Apple can incorporate it in their Apple Route Planning. This way Apple Maps can do realtime electric car route planning with CarPlay. It’s working very well now for Mustang Mach E users according to their forum.

Volvo/Polestar have already seen the reality and are using Android as their car system. Apple is offering to do the same to other manufacturers. They will see the light eventually. Of course, not Elon, he doesn’t even permit Car Play.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts