Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 I-Pace HSE - Borasco Grey
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was updating another Alexa skill and on a whim I looked to see if the Alexa skill mentioned here as being in the works a long time ago was working. And it IS, but read on first!

On my iPhone I went into the Alexa app, tapped to the search icon and searched for the Alexa skill for Jaguar Remote and there it was. I enabled the skill, but I could not get it to link to my JLR account despite several checks that I had all of my credentials entered correctly.

After digging around a lot I found a fix. For whatever reason, linking the account on the iPhone refused to work but it did work when I went to the Amazon website for Alexa on my laptop (Safari in my case) and linked it from there. Now it is working fine and I can inquire about the battery status, lock the door, beep the horn, etc. I assume I can most of the functions the Jaguar Remote app can.

Here is a link to the Skill on the Alexa website if you want to get there from a browser:

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
144 Posts
I was able to add the skill and link it as you described above. I'm looking forward to learning what Alexa can do with the car. I asked her to precondition the car, and that wasn't possible.

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
121 Posts
Great find! It's not an app from JLR, but from a third party developer. I can get it to check battery status, but using the exact verbiage listed on the Skill page to start pre-conditioning or the vehicle does not work. Anyone else seeing the same?

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Right youl are that I can't seem to get the magic words for preconditioning to work either, so I've taken that off the list of things I put in the original post so as not to mislead others here. I had tried a few things and made the assumption the other claimed features would all work too.

So far I've had success with "Ask Jaguar Remote to":
  • lock the doors
  • unlock the doors
  • beep the horn
  • check the battery level (or battery status works too)
  • what is the mileage (reports the current odometer reading)
Please post if you find others and I'll update this list.

I should note that I'm not finding any of this particularly useful but more of a tech exercise at this time. I might use it to do a quick check of the battery level when I'm considering a longer trip soon since I don't normally leave the car sitting around fully charged.

·
Registered
855 Posts
StormRune, is there some kind of added functionality that would make you prefer to use this method as opposed to the actual remote app?

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
StormRune, is there some kind of added functionality that would make you prefer to use this method as opposed to the actual remote app?
As stated at the end of my prior post #5, it is just a technical exercise for me. I was mostly letting everyone know it existed.

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
144 Posts
It would be cool if you could ask Alexa to pre-condition the car. That's the most useful feature that it could offer. It's also nice to be able to check your SOC if you don't have your phone with you.

·
Registered
116 Posts
It would be cool if you could ask Alexa to pre-condition the car. That's the most useful feature that it could offer. It's also nice to be able to check your SOC if you don't have your phone with you.
Did you try "Start Climate"? That is what the Remote App calls it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm guessing no one else here has been able to get it to work for preconditioning? I submitted feedback to the developer. The skill was last updated ~1 month ago, so I'm hopeful that there is still ongoing development for it.

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
144 Posts
Speaking of pre-conditioning... is this something that people are doing only when the car is plugged into the charger? Is there a benefit to pre-conditioning when the car isn't plugged into the charger? Sorry to take the discussion off track.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Speaking of pre-conditioning... is this something that people are doing only when the car is plugged into the charger? Is there a benefit to pre-conditioning when the car isn't plugged into the charger? Sorry to take the discussion off track.
I live in a fairly hot climate, and even though the car is garaged, there is benefit to starting preconditioning a few minutes before I leave so the climate control can get a head start.

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
144 Posts
I'm thinking the same thing will benefit me in the winter months. We have snow in the forecast next week!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts