Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case you haven't used it lately, the original version of the Jaguar Remote app will cease to work about mid-July. JLR issued mandatory updates to the pre-version 2 apps for Jaguar and Land Rover. Once this is installed you will get messages to use Version 2 and it will offer to download it. Different messages appear in 60-31 days before, and 30-1 days before the end.

I personally preferred the presentation of version 1 although version 2 shows the SOC and not just the GOM. I prefer the journeys selection method in V1 over V2.

Oh well. That's the way it goes.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Version 1 does display the SOC, you have to click through to the battery status to see it. The thing I will miss is that v1 showed the actual charge rate in kW instead of just in "miles per hour"

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are correct. I should have included the words "on the initial home display" or something like that.

This last version is also not remembering the login. You have type it in every time as well as other inconveniences during that login. They really want to discourage its use.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Thanks for the post. Good to know!
Any word on Apple Watch functionality? I think the old had it but the new app doesn’t. Are we losing Jaguar provided Apple Watch support and would need to use 3rd apps. I sometime use MyPace on the Apple Watch to the start the climat.

·
Registered
418 Posts
And today I discovered I cannot reload and sign into the old Jaguar remote app on my phone. I tried numerous password resets and they told me my password was reset. Only they forgot to tell me what they reset it too. WattCat is still working so I have decided to quit messing with the password. Moral to this story is, do not try to download the newest incontrol app if you have a 4 year old phone. It will wipe your password out, when it gives you the message that your phone's software is too old, and must keep that info stored that you have an old phone and it won't let you continue with installing and using the old app.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
1,027 Posts
And today I discovered I cannot reload and sign into the old Jaguar remote app on my phone. I tried numerous password resets and they told me my password was reset. Only they forgot to tell me what they reset it too. WattCat is still working so I have decided to quit messing with the password. Moral to this story is, do not try to download the newest incontrol app if you have a 4 year old phone. It will wipe your password out, when it gives you the message that your phone's software is too old, and must keep that info stored that you have an old phone and it won't let you continue with installing and using the old app.
The two apps and the website should use the same password, so resetting via the website should get you where you need to be. For me both apps are still working, albeit with the update notification.

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Set up a personal account for her. It will let the car work with both of you.
Actually, it is fairly easy.

Go to incontrol.jaguar.com
Sign in
Toward the right you'll see "VEHICLE SETTINGS". Click that.
On the left you'll see "MANAGE USERS". Click that.
Enter her email address and click "INVITE"
She'll get an email with instructions to become a second user of the vehicle.

·
Registered
2019 S with S21B and 16.2
185 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions. We shared the same account on separate phones for the last couple years without any issues.

·
Registered
2020 JaguarI-Pace
10 Posts
In case you haven't used it lately, the original version of the Jaguar Remote app will cease to work about mid-July. JLR issued mandatory updates to the pre-version 2 apps for Jaguar and Land Rover. Once this is installed you will get messages to use Version 2 and it will offer to download it. Different messages appear in 60-31 days before, and 30-1 days before the end.

I personally preferred the presentation of version 1 although version 2 shows the SOC and not just the GOM. I prefer the journeys selection method in V1 over V2.

Oh well. That's the way it goes.
I have been using an alternative to both versions for a few weeks. WattCat by Redbird.no for android is pretty amazing.

·
Registered
2019 HSE
6 Posts
I just downloaded the new version and am logged in. I see my car in the correct location but Range shows 0 mi, 0%. Any suggestions how to fix this?

·
Registered
329 Posts
The most commonage usage for me is to precondition the cabin. Both WattCat and MyPace smartly have this on the front page as soon as the app comes up. The official JLR app does not. The only thing I use the official app for is to put the car in deep sleep before I leave on a trip to conserve the 12V battery.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have an tPace and a Range Rover. My Jaguar remote works just fine - that is, until I sign into my Land Rover remote at which point get an incorrect password/user not found message from Rover. I fix this by resetting the password and after a few attempts I can log into the Landrover remote app. Guess what? I try to log into the Jaguar remote and I get an incorrect password fail! I reset that and all is well, but now I cannot log into my Landrover app - Help. I've tried using the same passwords for both Jaguar and Landrover apps. I've tried different passwords. I've tried through the Here.com site. While the Jaguar and Rover apps are different, somehow they meet at here.com - adding a second car does not work because the Rover app wants a Rover and the Jaguar app wants a Jaguar. Help!
Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The Incontrol apps and sites (incontrol.jaguar.com incontrol.landrover.com) and the Route Planner apps and navigation (jaguar.here.com landrover.here.com) are different. Yes, they do appear to share some data but the Incontrol apps are supporting the vehicle data, while the route planner is just for that.

Are the accounts at the sites set up to use the same email address?

Ensure that you go to the sites separately. Let's say you go to incontrol.jaguar.com first and set the password there. Wait an hour (that's probably excessively long but let's not try too soon). Try to use the password set at incontrol.jaguar.com at the jaguar.here.com site. If that doesn't work there, then go through the reset process there and set it to what you set at incontrol.jaguar.com.

Follow this process for the landrover equivalent named sites.

Now go to your vehicle and bring up navigation. Login there using the new password.
Now go to the live apps and login there.

Once you get one email address+password working for both vehicles at incontrol and navigation, then you can go through the process to add a second user. Yes, you have to keep Jaguars and Rovers separated. They can't be brought together at a single site.

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
In case you haven't noticed, the original app no longer works. I did get it to work briefly when I first opened it but it suddenly changed to just prompting to download the new app. :( RIP version 1.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts