Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have both of the Jaguar Remote Apps on my Iphone, and both of them are connected to the car, and can tell me everything (including what I had for breakfast), but they can NOT tell the the charge state. Says unknown.

Can this be fixed?

Thanks

Bruce

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hello! Have a look at the pivi pro screen in your car, on the right side: do you see 4G with reception bars ? If you do not see that at all, reboot pivi: while idling, hold the power/volume button until it reboots (black screen). This can take up to 30 seconds. Then, be patient, the network will reappear within one hour, provided you have decent coverage of course.
This lost network problem occurs very often, almost every time I plug a charger in my case. It seems the last version 2.0.9 solves this, but I can't tell.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have good ATT Coverage. I have a MY20 I-pace. Does that mean I have pivi or pivi pro?

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,147 Posts
Neither. It is Incontrol Touch Pro Duo.

Can you post a screen capture of the display you're looking at that does not show SOC? (edit to remove any personal/location data)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I could, but in one Jaguar Remote app it says "Unknown Charge Status" in 1 app. or on the main screen, Range 0 miles. In the other Jaguar Remote app, says Charge Level --%

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
However, the car has the correct odometer and location, so it is communicating some info.

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
Looks like that is the old version of the app. What is the app version? The last Android version of that was 1.81. Touch 3 dots in lower right corner of the climate control display (touch the right arrow on the MYJAG line to get to it), then touch settings and the version is shown at the bottom.

Have you tried the new version? It is 2.6.1 for Android.

·
Super Moderator
2,555 Posts
I think he's iPhone ... gwampa if you have an android device somewhere it's worth checking what WattCat says.

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
Yes, iPhone version numbers may be different. It would be worth a try of the new app to validate it is not a bad old version 1 app.

I'm really thinking this is a back level TCU software issue, or TCU communication to JLR servers issue (not sending all data), or TCU hardware, or a combination of these.

If the version doesn't display, or before 18.2 (most recent version is 19.2) then it should be updated. JLR has been filing documents with NHTSA on the progress of this update to all vehicles and model years affected.

At a minimum it may require a TCU reset. https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10173431-0001.pdf
We can't do that on the car.

In lieu of WattCat use dernotte's https://ipace.herokuapp.com/static/param.html to see if valid values are at the servers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
None of the programs (neither the IOS or WattCat on Android) shows charge state. But everything else works fine (can turn on/off climate, knows mileage, location, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
Have you contacted your dealer yet? They can "push" out TCU 19.2 to your car for SOTA update. It doesn't take long to download and install. It's only 1MB in size.
Before that happens, tell us what version of TCU software is installed. It should show up on the Software Update display.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Went to dealer. Took 3+ hours for upgrade and still NO range on either of the Jaguar Remote apps. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Went to dealer. Took 3+ hours for upgrade and still NO range on either of the Jaguar Remote apps. Any other suggestions?
You could try this: https://ipace.herokuapp.com/static/param.html
There you will see all the data your car sends to the cloud. For instance I can read there some range values. Just to ckeck if these fields are populated on your cloud, or not.

EV_RANGE_COMFORTx10132.8
EV_RANGE_ECOx10135.9
EV_RANGE_GET_ME_HOMEx10138.9
EV_RANGE_ON_BATTERY_KM132
EV_RANGE_ON_BATTERY_MILES83
EV_RANGE_VSC_HV_BATTERY_CONSUMPTION_SPD1178
EV_RANGE_VSC_HV_BATTERY_CONSUMPTION_SPD2160
EV_RANGE_VSC_HV_BATTERY_CONSUMPTION_SPD3124
EV_RANGE_VSC_HV_BATTERY_CONSUMPTION_SPD4190
EV_RANGE_VSC_HV_BATTERY_CONSUMPTION_SPD5298
EV_RANGE_VSC_HV_BATTERY_CONSUMPTION_SPD6400
EV_RANGE_VSC_HV_BATTERY_CONSUMPTION_SPD7652

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
Did you get a receipt or copy of work order that states what was upgraded? If so, please share what was upgraded.

One other thing to do is
  • Get in car, close the door, press the start button (foot off brake)
  • Reach to the overhead console
  • Open the left little button cover
  • Press and hold the press of the button for at least 10 seconds and you notice a difference of the flashing LED in the button
  • Release button
  • Wait until blinking stops
  • Close button cover
  • Power off car
  • Exit and lock car
  • Check app after at least 1 hour

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
humm... Error while fetching data is not a good response. Maybe my car is allergic to the cloud :) Although, I get all the other info. Lock / door status, location, etc. and I can turn on climate control. hummmm

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Did you get a receipt or copy of work order that states what was upgraded? If so, please share what was upgraded.

One other thing to do is
  • Get in car, close the door, press the start button (foot off brake)
  • Reach to the overhead console
  • Open the left little button cover
  • Press and hold the press of the button for at least 10 seconds and you notice a difference of the flashing LED in the button
  • Release button
  • Wait until blinking stops
  • Close button cover
  • Power off car
  • Exit and lock car
  • Check app after at least 1 hour
Thanks. will check in 59 minutes..... 58 minutes.......

Bruce

1 - 20 of 24 Posts