Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Software improvements needed:

Laggy reaction time on everything. Just fix this somehow as it has been mentioned since the first purlic review as a major issue. Fire your programmers and hire some Tesla people that know what they are doing.

Media should open up in full-screen when radio is turned on.

Navigation screen should open up in full-screen mode without the battery information submenu.

Door handles should retract automatically after a period of time. The car screams “I am unlocked” as no other car I have seen. I do not live in a high crime area and often do not lock my car.

Dynamic Drive mode is not remembered…change this to last used memory.

Navigation panel cannot have its view mode changed. Only 3D is allowed and I want 2D map mode.

Lack of steering wheel scroll control for external music. Changing music is dangerously inefficient. Go look at a BMW steering wheel system.

Lack of steering wheel scroll control of contacts. Same comment as above.

Too many wheel scrolls to change volume. It may take seven scrolls just to turn up or down volume much (and this is an absurd choice), versus what should be one or two scrolls. The scroll wheel should be for contacts, music, etc. and the up and down should be for volume. Go drive a BMW and you will see the great benefit of their choices.

There should be a direct button or shortcut to turning creep mode on and off. I need this in the garage, but do not want it on the road.

Android Auto should be via Bluetooth option…not just USB connection.

Lumbar needs memorization when seat changes.

Better visual lines in backup camera guidance. Why short, fade-out yellow that cannot be seen on sunny driveway. My BMW X2 has much longer and legible green lines.

Saved user profile disappears either entirely or partially.

Upgraded sound system is generally weak and muffled. Very poor equalizer options and very weak mid-range.

·
Registered
56 Posts
And...…. Fix the 'black screen' bugs.

Have had my car for 7 days now - 3 of them with no Infotainment, A/C, etc as my screens are black. Getting traction battery and camera fault alerts.

I so want to love this car, but so far, not so much.

·
Super Moderator
1,956 Posts
Are both of you on old infotainment versions, such as 18C?

Agree with some of lair's points but the few shortcomings don't bother me too much. I knew what I was getting into when I bought a Jag.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm on 19B first version for InControl Pro. 14.2 Telematics. Dealer says that's the latest they can install.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think I'm on 18C and 14.2.

But how would I know.... the screens are black.

Holiday in Canada today, so the dealer can't reboot my car until tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
1,158 Posts
I'm on 19B first version for InControl Pro. 14.2 Telematics. Dealer says that's the latest they can install.
Current telematics is 16.2, however, there are many more systems (well over 30) which can be updated other than infotainment and telematics. The fact your dealer claims 14.2 is the latest they can do indicates they are clueless or dishonest...
Updating all the modules is a very time intensive process, when they did my car they spent nearly 3 full days on software updates.

·
Super Moderator
1,158 Posts
Navigation panel cannot have its view mode changed. Only 3D is allowed and I want 2D map mode.
The map can be changed to 2D. In the lower right corner of the map there is a circle with a black square above an outlined square. Touch that and a submenu will open.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not on the dashboard display that can show to the right of the speedometer. 3-D only. I know the center nav display can be changed to 2D or 3D.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I just want the charging port lock to the cable to be optional.
Very hard to share charging.

Everyone else can share and I am now the pompous jerk that can't play normal.

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
The only current software but (19B second rev) that is a bit annoying is the fact that the dimness of the center console at night is not always restored. The setting shows the right position, but the infotainment screen is much brighter than it should be until you select the same setting again (I keep it almost all the way dim).

That and the HUD doesn’t DIM/brighten with the interior dimming control...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts