• RR
That‘s a lot of crossovers/SUVs.

Reactions: DocHudson

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
313 Posts
Unless they were to cancel the I-Pace. :(
From everything I've read, I doubt they would cancel the I-Pace unless they had another model SUV/CUV to take it's place. And with all the international award love given the I-Pace, it is a status car. They aren't selling a ton of them, although I believe overseas is better, but I'm not sure Jaguar is a high volume car maker in the first place. Jaguar sold 161,601 cars worldwide in 2019. As far as the I-Pace cut of that total production, I found this:

"The result for the year 2019 is 17,355 I-PACE sold (up 252% compared to several months of 2018). On average, the I-PACE had 10.7% share out of total Jaguar sales, which is really strong."

So I would doubt they would cancel the I-Pace. If I had a breakdown of the sales figures of other Jaguar models, I'm guessing there might be a couple more obvious targets on that list. @Vinsuz might have some good options.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
679 Posts
I am very surprised that Jaguar would have even bothered refreshing the XE and XF. While I do see quite a few (older) XFs driving around, I almost never see an XE. Jaguar should cancel the XE and XF and maybe even the homely little E-Pace.

IMO, Jaguar should focus on and heavily advertise the I-Pace, F-Pace, New F-Type and upcoming XJ!

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
78 Posts
The XE has not sold well, and was supposed to be Jag's volume car. A mid-cycle refresh brought some much needed improvements, but hasn't helped the picture at all.
The XF is due for a redesign soon and might make more sense to keep around as a result.

The I-PACE is the only Jag model that saw a sales increase YTD when JLR just posted results. Sales have been disappointing, but it could also be an "easier" and more cost-effective model to cancel given that Jag outsources the manufacturing. Terminating the relationship with Magna could be much easier than further idling your own factories and laying off your own employees (both of which are currently already happening). The electrified J-PACE and XJ models are both on the immediate horizon as well. With electric car sales already in the tank for every brand outside of Telsa, this is likely to create problems for JLR.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Sales of sedans have tanked across the country. Ford has stopped making all non-SUV/CUVs except for the Mustang and Focus Active. The XJ sold terribly and none were brought to dealers in Colorado. I wouldn't be surprised if JLR doesn't follow the same business model.

·
Registered
997 Posts
They'll probably kill the sedans. Maybe the coupe. Maybe one SUV on the LR side. Velar or Evoke.

I-Pace? Might be cut in the US. Not internationally.

I do like the disco sport. Nice compact, 7 seat SUV. Handles just peachy.

Reactions: PS702

·
Registered
893 Posts
They need to keep the I-Pace for regulatory compliance.
They can lose money on it to keep the more profitable ICE cars.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts