Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
185 Posts
As
Oh absolutely no need at all for at least 95% of my trips. I just hooked up a new ChargePoint flex to replace my JuiceBox, so level 2 has never been an issue in my garage. Today was merely a test to make sure I had no issues with the car accepting a fast charge and to check out the procedure. Only having dealt with a SC, I felt it was better to learn now than when traveling to NJ or thereabouts.
As one that has often driven through the NY/NJ area, I'll pass on my thoughts for you.
NY is well served on the interstate and tollway routes. A couple of well placed free L3 chargers as well.
NJ not as well served, usually having to exit the highway and find mall or commercial locations. I have only charged in NJ once.
Fortunately based in PA I can skip charging in NJ most of the time for a long trip.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
185 Posts
I do the PA to Montreal run. There are free L3 chargers at the Capital Region welcome center (Thruway north bound) south of Albany, and another on I-87 @ Queensbury (Adirondack welcome center). Both work well and I've not seen them used a lot. There are probably others, but these are on my route.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts