Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
I was worried they might place it into too many new age modern looking areas instead of sticking to locations that reflects its home market, glad to see they did that here. But of course modern settings are bound to happen due to demographics

·
Registered
182 Posts
Gotta love how they referenced Macbeth in their ad.
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
Not sure who Jaguar is taking a stab at with this, but ti did capture my attention.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Don't know and doubt many people will pick up it especially for a product focused around experience which this video feeds right into, what better place to experience the I-Pace than in the locations they took it too.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yeah, don't know much of anything about Shakespeare to be honest so I'm not even going to try and decipher what that passage really means. As everyone knows nothing from then actually meant exactly what was written lol.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Better to just focus on whats relevant to us as potential owners because really, how many of you here wouldn't try to find roads as scenic and enjoyable to drive like what we seen here? Thought so.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The overall design of the I-Pace is just magnificent and the ad does a very good job of highlighting the car's body and lines though I am worried about how sloped the roof is towards the rear. would that affect rear view?

·
Registered
317 Posts
The overall design of the I-Pace is just magnificent and the ad does a very good job of highlighting the car's body and lines though I am worried about how sloped the roof is towards the rear. would that affect rear view?
Not in this era of cameras. Car makers have accepted the fact that form trumps function when function can be made up in other ways. Its been playing out like this for a while with cars from other car makers, Jaguar is just playing off the same script.

·
Registered
211 Posts
You'll really have nothing to worry about. Whilst driving, the rearview will provide adequate visibility, when parking, the amount of parking aids that will be available pretty much sums that up. Birds eye view cameras and all that good stuff.

·
Registered
317 Posts
No doubt about that.

Another thing that helps too is constantly monitoring who's around you and making sure your not in anyones blind spot. Habits go a long way.

I have a heavy foot so often im way ahead of the pack, or lazy and I stay behind them.

·
Registered
211 Posts
For sure, you always have to utilize yee ol' driving practices that people tend to forget about when they get these driving aids.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm more old school when it comes to driving, still backed in without the use of a rear view camera even when I had one at my disposal. Just hope people don't start relying on the safety systems too much outside of parking situations, they can only scan and react to traffic so fast.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'm more old school when it comes to driving, still backed in without the use of a rear view camera even when I had one at my disposal. Just hope people don't start relying on the safety systems too much outside of parking situations, they can only scan and react to traffic so fast.
If you can do without the camera then all the power to you but over time you might find yourself using the camera as another level of safety or for advanced warning combined with the habits you already built up. Seen it happen quite often, most budge for the tech.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Don't get me wrong, coming from years before of not having a rear-view camera, the habit is definitely there. But the added assistance is always welcomed and it'll pick up on things that you could perhaps miss on occasion. It's not a bad thing to have by far and can't really negatively impact you. Once you don't rely solely on it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
That boot of screen in the ad for the I-Pace instrument cluster, think that's going to be the layout for the production model? Looks like the battery indicator is on the left and you can see how much regenerative power you're getting on the right.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Don't get me wrong, coming from years before of not having a rear-view camera, the habit is definitely there. But the added assistance is always welcomed and it'll pick up on things that you could perhaps miss on occasion. It's not a bad thing to have by far and can't really negatively impact you. Once you don't rely solely on it.
Sadly we'll have to stick it out for another decade of poor drivers that do rely on these till self driving cars hit their initial prime, then it will be all those that don't like driving or lack the skill moving to those first, then all the traditional stuff for us driving junkies.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That boot of screen in the ad for the I-Pace instrument cluster, think that's going to be the layout for the production model? Looks like the battery indicator is on the left and you can see how much regenerative power you're getting on the right.
Perhaps it won't look exactly like that, but I can see the instrument cluster being one large screen. Maybe we'll even get a choice of display options to change the layout when needed.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Perhaps it won't look exactly like that, but I can see the instrument cluster being one large screen. Maybe we'll even get a choice of display options to change the layout when needed.
Like a customizable gauge cluster? It's possible if it'll be fully digital and one big screen for sure and wouldn't be that hard to integrate.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Well we already see it happening in the F-Pace, its not nearly as cool as other systems but a clear indication of where Jaguar wants to go. With these on the road now, you can see one in person:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts