Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
331 Posts
For London, given the restrictions for downtown starting soon, the wealthy will need EVs if they want to drive / be driven around. Outside of that, I think it's iffy on if the ultra wealthy will want an EV. It's kind of an untested market. With the right luxury touches it might appeal to them.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm wondering what the demographic they're aiming for? Are there really that many potential buyers in the really high end looking for a bev? I see BEVs appealing to a younger demographic that are somewhat tech savvy, early adopters. Unfortunately price has been a barrier to entry and the majority of younger buyers just don't have the means.
In 9 years new car sales in the UK have to be EV only so there will not be the option of ICE it's a given they will be electric. This is only one market but it's being replicated in many others. Getting ahead of this curve is the right thing to do and there is probably the view that the value of non EV's being sold now is called into question by the forthcoming ban on ICE sales (this could work both ways of course).

·
Registered
151 Posts
For London, given the restrictions for downtown starting soon, the wealthy will need EVs if they want to drive / be driven around. Outside of that, I think it's iffy on if the ultra wealthy will want an EV. It's kind of an untested market. With the right luxury touches it might appeal to them.
The really wealthy don't drive themselves and rarely do long distance drives given faster forms of transport (e.g. helicopters) as time.is literally money.

Make it pleasant enough in the back and workable for the typical chauffered trip and they will be happy. Off road needs may be very different though.

·
Registered
MY21 I-Pace EV400 HSE
21 Posts
My supercharged V8 is ULEV exempt. After October I'll still be able to drive in London. It'll be years before ICE cars are banned from cities.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I'm wondering what the demographic they're aiming for? Are there really that many potential buyers in the really high end looking for a bev? I see BEVs appealing to a younger demographic that are somewhat tech savvy, early adopters. Unfortunately price has been a barrier to entry and the majority of younger buyers just don't have the means.
I suspect many of us here don’t fall into that ‘younger demographic’, but I know what you mean. ;)

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
My wife showed me that the I-Pace was mentioned in a Fox News article on JLR’s electrification plans along with a link to an older but favorable brief review on the kitty. Nice to see it mentioned somewhere, anywhere.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts