Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
It boils down to what you're more comfortable with. I used to write off part of a car's lease payment when I was working. Now that I'm retired I prefer buying outright, especially with these huge discounts.
If you're going to buy and hold, clearly that's the best option. Give how fast BEV's will change in the next three years, for my money I do not wish to own the technology right now. Hence the leasing question.

·
Registered
893 Posts
New I Pace owner here. I just signed my lease for a 2020 SE last week. The car's MSRP was $85k, selling price was $67k and then the $7,500 EV tax credit was deducted from the sale price. I felt like I got a pretty good deal with over $25k off the MSRP.
Congrats, welcome and fantastic deal.
Do you know the lease residual and money factor? Would like to see how it has changed over the past few months

·
Registered
893 Posts
@PS702 Thank you. The car should be delivered tomorrow and I am anxious to get it. The residual is 42% and I'm not positive on MF. Edmunds quoted .00010, but I didn't confirm that with the dealer.
Thats very good. So the terms haven't changed since Q4 2019. This lease is still attractive,

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
77 Posts
New I Pace owner here. I just signed my lease for a 2020 SE last week. The car's MSRP was $85k, selling price was $67k and then the $7,500 EV tax credit was deducted from the sale price. I felt like I got a pretty good deal with over $25k off the MSRP.
Killer deal. Curious who the dealer is?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just committed to a 2020 $89.9k i-Pace in the Boston area discounted to $65k, with a very fair amount allowed for the traded Cadillac ELR. Apparently this car was put on some kind of special JLR program to qualify for the large discount, so it had to be put "in service" in June. Only 30+ miles on it when we took it for our two test drives.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
672 Posts
Just committed to a 2020 $89.9k i-Pace in the Boston area discounted to $65k, with a very fair amount allowed for the traded Cadillac ELR. Apparently this car was put on some kind of special JLR program to qualify for the large discount, so it had to be put "in service" in June. Only 30+ miles on it when we took it for our two test drives.
My 2020 was also put into "service" when I took delivery on 8/11/20. But it had I think 29 miles (or maybe less) and had only been "in service" a week or 2 and was on my dealer's storage lot. My 2019 was also an "in service" car, but only a few days. Both were leased as brand new and both got steep discounts and the $7500 tax credit!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2020 was also put into "service" when I took delivery on 8/11/20. But it had I think 29 miles (or maybe less) and had only been "in service" a week or 2 and was on my dealer's storage lot. My 2019 was also an "in service" car, but only a few days. Both were leased as brand new and both got steep discounts and the $7500 tax credit!
Yes, I'll get the tax credit, also. But other remaining 2020 i-Paces at this dealer would not get the large discount ours had because they were not put into the "program." They are eligible for 0%, however, financing whereas ours was not. Will try to find out why putting ours "in service" was necessary to get the discount. Doesn't matter to me why that is but I'm curious.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Mine too was apparently put into service (they used the term punched) altho the dealer never disclosed that so when I flew 1000 miles for it, I wasn't happy so had them certify it for an additional year. It had a whopping 83 miles but not a demo. $25k off sticker plus qualified for the tax credit. Who could say no?

3,000+ problem free miles and still love it.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts