Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just posted this to the Jaguar Advisory Board. I pray someone from Jaguar reads and takes action:

Hi Joe from JLR. In short I LOVE the car, but WHY WHY WHY is communication from Jaquar to its customers so completely horrible. Despite message boards, this forum etc there is not one single acknowledgement never mind a "fix" plan from Jaguar about the infotainment sluggishness. Every single customer has commented on it but No one from Jaguar (yourself included) has acknowledged the problem and informed us (your dedicated customers) of a plan or path to repair.

You asked in another post why Tesla and Apple has a such a cult following, and it all has to do with communication and not the quality of the cars. Implement some real communication with your customer base (this literally could be a single person) to answer questions or to at least acknowledge that you are working on fixes and improvements and you would see a vast change in the way us customer perceive the brand and out loyalty.

Instead we get deaf silence and no acknowledgement of our frustrations, That leads to distrust and frustration. I would happier if just a single Jaguar representative said, "Yes we know we have a problem, and we are looking for a solution. We will get back to you as son as we know when we might have a solution soon."

Instead we get crickets of silence. Think about that if it was your customer experience. Silence is NOT an option for good customer satisfaction!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Unfortunately, they don't care much. They don't pay any attention to online Forums for specific brands and specific models. Even if you called JLR-NA and filed a formal complaint, nobody will call or e-mail you from JLR-NA in response nor will anything really be done to fix the problem. Eh hem...still friggin' waiting for OTA software updates almost 1 year after receiving I-Pace...nothing...not available. Car's Infotainment system still shuts down and restarts out of nowhere and when it's working, it's all painfully slow as you said. No fixes, no real good software updates to address these issues, and now we all have a Mfgr Recall to deal with this Summer for a serious problem with the Regen Braking (although I personally haven't received any notice about this even though I read the article online just like many or most who drive an I-Pace). :(

·
Registered
392 Posts
The only reason I know about the recall is through this forum! I was never contacted by JLR and when I spoke with my salesman he said he'd just learned about the recall that day yet it was posted in this forum weeks before. I still haven't received notification from JLR. It's unacceptable.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Personally I think the recall is a Non issue, issued apparently over an abundance of caution. It is basically if you aren't paying attention to your braking you might be surprised. Boo Hoo.

Despite that the biggest issue to me is Jaguar's lack of customer contact.

ARE YOU LISTENING Jaguar. You brand could easily surpass Tesla in customer commitment if you just communicated with your customer base!!!!

Crickets

·
Registered
377 Posts
Re: Per NHTSA filing, the communication was to start next month. OTOH, I got my recall notice letter today. I got the recall done last week.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi All

I kind of disagree that Jaguar doesn't love us. I spent a lot of time answering and becoming a member of the JLR Advisory Board. I thought it would be better to be constructive than destructive. Let's see if they get back to us and have some fixes. I hope all of you decided to join the Board if invited and tell them about our issues. I have 29 months left on my lease and that's my lever! Regards Katatonic!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi All

I kind of disagree that Jaguar doesn't love us. I spent a lot of time answering and becoming a member of the JLR Advisory Board. I thought it would be better to be constructive than destructive. Let's see if they get back to us and have some fixes. I hope all of you decided to join the Board if invited and tell them about our issues. I have 29 months left on my lease and that's my lever! Regards Katatonic!

To me its not that Jaguar doesn't love us, it is that they are NOT communicating with us. Every single company that deals with customer service knows that communicating with your customer base is the primary driver of customer perception. In this regard Jaguar is doing a far poorer job that many other brands. This is especially true of a brand that that is considered a more specialty brand in nature.

Instead, they seem to be relying on their history and reputation, instead of realizing that we now live in a new social media world where communication is paramount to brand reputation. In comparing Jaguar to Tesla, it certainly to me is not that Telsa makes a better product, but Tesla has a devout following because of their persistent customer communication.

Jaguar could hire a SINGLE employee to answer questions on social media channels and make a complete difference in customers perception.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Since joining the Advisory Board, I've had a couple calls from a national rep. As nice as she was, it was readily apparent that she didn't know (or have access to) any more information than we do. On several issues, she suggested that the dealer might have better information. Bottom line is I don't think Jaguar from over the ocean is sharing much of any information with anybody at this juncture.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm on the advisory board as well. At least they are asking interesting questions there. But, compared to Tesla, they aren't great at communicating. I think that is one of the reasons they aren't getting the advocacy that Tesla enjoys. I'm reasonably well published on the car yet not a peep from them. https://techspective.net/2019/06/10/the-5-things-jaguar-needs-to-fix-with-the-i-pace-to-make-it-truly-awesome/ https://www.technewsworld.com/story/85800.html https://www.techzone360.com/topics/techzone/articles/2016/11/15/427154-amazing-jaguar-i-pace-using-vr-sell-2018.htm

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm on the advisory board as well. At least they are asking interesting questions there. But, compared to Tesla, they aren't great at communicating. I think that is one of the reasons they aren't getting the advocacy that Tesla enjoys. I'm reasonably well published on the car yet not a peep from them. https://techspective.net/2019/06/10/the-5-things-jaguar-needs-to-fix-with-the-i-pace-to-make-it-truly-awesome/ https://www.technewsworld.com/story/85800.html https://www.techzone360.com/topics/techzone/articles/2016/11/15/427154-amazing-jaguar-i-pace-using-vr-sell-2018.htm

@Enderle. Rob your Tech News World article was fantastic and right on point. So glad to have you part of the Forum, and I couldn't agree with you more.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks, happy to be here!

·
Registered
392 Posts
I posted a scathing rebuke of my I-Pace on the advisory board and received a comment from the board manager stating my case manager had called and left a message. I checked both phones and no call/message. I sent messages and an email requesting the case manager's number but got no response.

Today I called Jaguar USA and got the phone number. I left two messages but no response. I emailed the dealer's service manager, sales manager and salesman about the new breakdown but no response from them either. This is typical corporate indifference and my next step is to see a lawyer. Car is too unreliable to trust my wife driving alone or having my grandchildren as passengers.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I've posted similar on the Advisory board. I got a reply stating a case manager would be calling me. I told them I've dealt with that in the past already and just get directed to work with service at dealership and then they don't know what to do or open a case with NJ office and wait days for a reply that gets us nowhere. Stated customers deserve to know what is going to be done with the issues we are seeing and how its so unacceptable how long it has been with no real updates or fixes.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I've posted similar on the Advisory board. I got a reply stating a case manager would be calling me. I told them I've dealt with that in the past already and just get directed to work with service at dealership and then they don't know what to do or open a case with NJ office and wait days for a reply that gets us nowhere. Stated customers deserve to know what is going to be done with the issues we are seeing and how its so unacceptable how long it has been with no real updates or fixes.
I was contacted by the JLR case manager today and she asked me "what outcome" I wanted. She immediately lost interest when I said that Jaguar should buy back my I-Pace. It also seemed that she had heard this request many times. Her only response was that she'll submit the paperwork but the car doesn't fit the requirements for the lemon law.

I told her that my car was in service for 17 of 45 days and I didn't feel it's safe to carry passengers. We'll see...

·
Registered
392 Posts
The service advisor called and said they "managed" to pull some codes related to the touchscreen failure. Not sure what "managed" means but the salesman said they worked on the car for over half the day. The dealer has opened another case with JLR and again I don't really know what that means either. The main point of the call was to tell me they have no idea when the car will be fixed. That point I perfectly understand.

Whatever issues I've had with the car and JLR, my dealership has been great. Good communication from both service and sales department plus they've been generous with loaner cars. Latest is a Discovery with every option except adaptive cruise control. If it weren't so darn big I would consider it as a replacement.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I ended my membership in the advisory board today. When I was invited to join I thought JLR was seriously interested in finding out what I-Pace customers are experiencing with their cars and perhaps implement some fixes. I guess I was simply naive.

I posted some good recommendations that come from this forum and from my experience with my car. Yesterday I received a snarky response from the advisory board manager subtly telling me to stick to issues regarding my car only and that my case manager will call. Of course I haven't received the call and it's clear that JLR doesn't want to hear the painful truth about the plethora of issues experienced by many I-Pace drivers. Instead, the advisory board would rather the members debate about Android Auto and Apple Car Play being standard options or the buyer paying for them.

The advisory board was an exercise in futility as some forum members pointed out even before the board started.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’m an IPace owner of approximately 1 month and got he email about the advisory board a week or so ago. I got the following email today and was going to come here to get recommendations before I responded. I’ve been following this site for awhile now while I was dying my pre purchase research and am aware of the making issues everyone has. My original thought was to get feedback so we can all communicate with Jaguar in a unified, organized and thoughtful way so we can fine tune out amazing cars but after reading the posts in this topic maybe I should just ignore their inquiry.
Thoughts?

Jaguar Advisory Board – US
Dear Chris,

I hope you're well and having a good week.

First of all, I'd like to thank you if you took our recent feedback survey. We've been analysing the results, and they've proved really useful.

One thing that came out was a desire for members to have more of a say on the topics discussed on the Advisory Board. Following on from that, we've launched a discussion today where we want to ask you what topics you'd like to see discussed on the Advisory Board in future.

Whether you had a particular topic in mind or not, we would really appreciate having your say on the type of projects you'd like to see moving forward. Click HERE now to take part.

Many thanks,

Elliot

·
Registered
27 Posts
Agreed, time sink with no apparent pay off. I’m guessing it’s run by some PR outfit paid by “engagement” numbers with nothing looped back into corporate or product. Runaway!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Agreed, time sink with no apparent pay off. I’m guessing it’s run by some PR outfit paid by “engagement” numbers with nothing looped back into corporate or product. Runaway!

Ditto. Was initially excited to be able to contribute/comment, but assumed that the process would be more of a direct "Q & A" - i.e, what features work, what don't, what would you like to see changed, etc. Turns out, it was much more of a 'touchy-feely' marketing campaign, seemingly aimed, like Nict says, to make existing owners feel like JLR corporate actually cares about owners, rather than an actual exchange with vehicle designers and engineers looking for feedback or direction.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts