Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else get this email from JLR about being on an advisory board? I just filled out the form online...they ask for your VIN and a few other questions then say they'll send the invitation in a couple days. Screenshot of the email attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice...I'm hoping lots of smart folks on here get one so we can all give good feedback. Gives me hope that they'll push out good updates eventually since they're actively looking for feedback.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I hope so too, but I can not imagine they are not aware of extent of the infotainment software issues considering that its not just on the I-Pace. They are either counting on it not impacting sales (it looks good enough at first glance) or they simply do not have the expertise in this area. Or they don't realize how much of a negative it really is to an otherwise stellar car.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Got it along with a pitch from their advertising team to entertain them at my house for 3-hr interview for which I'd be paid $250. My consulting rate is a tad bit higher. LOL.

Spyder

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yes I was invited as well. Hopefully they will take some positive criticism. We should post their questions to this Forum as well for those that don't qualify.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I got an invite and don't see how it would be worth my time.
Got it along with a pitch from their advertising team to entertain them at my house for 3-hr interview for which I'd be paid $250. My consulting rate is a tad bit higher. LOL.
That's pretty generous for a marketing payment type thing, but yeah, I doubt it's worth the time of anybody who can afford the car. Might be fun, though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That's pretty generous for a marketing payment type thing, but yeah, I doubt it's worth the time of anybody who can afford the car. Might be fun, though.

I had already done the in-house interview for another brand. The gal was not particularly knowledgeable about the car, but she was easy on the eyes>:)

·
Registered
958 Posts
I had already done the in-house interview for another brand. The gal was not particularly knowledgeable about the car, but she was easy on the eyes>:)
Marketing and PR types often are.

I liked how "Education" wasn't even a choice on the professions list.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm not an owner "as yet", delivery date 08/16 but if I had the opportunity to work with engineers to influence etc. such an amazing vehicle, I'd probably step up to the plate. Might be good to setup an advisory board forum.

·
Registered
39 Posts
US only perhaps?

I am in the UK and subscribe to the UK forum as well as the UK Facebook group and have not seen anything like this for this side of the Atlantic so perhaps it is JLR USA only, always assuming it is legitimate and not some sort of scam:surprise:.
As someone has commented already, all they would really need to do is follow the forums on both sides of the Atlantic to know that most owners love the drive but have serious doubts about the quality of the infotainment, the cameras and so on, but I don't think we can blame them for reaching out to individual customers as well.
Certainly, if they offered a similar thing here I would sign up, even if the small compensation for time does not equate to my normal consultancy rate, as I think we can't have it both ways: complain like mad but refuse to give up the time to help efforts at improvement for the future.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts