Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  • Jaguar Land Rover to build range of new electrified cars in the UK, safeguarding thousands of jobs
  • First vehicle confirmed as the next-generation all-electric Jaguar XJ
  • Company calls for a giga-scale battery production plant in the UK to put the country at leading edge of electric mobility
  • UK electric vehicle production is the next step in Jaguar Land Rover’s electrification strategy
  • Announcement comes as last of the current XJ, Jaguar’s flagship saloon, rolls off production line today
Jaguar press release

·
Super Moderator
1,967 Posts
Great news. I hope they are as uncompromising with the XJ as they've been with the i-Pace now that Ian Callum isn't there any more.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I guess I missed it. What was Ian Callum's influence on JLR EV development?

To the subject, keep your fingers crossed. But.... I've been watching EV forums for about 6 or 7 years. I can't help but have a feeling of having heard these press releases too many times.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
JLR did announce that they are going the route of full electrification after the diesel-gate scandal. I thought it was a pretty interesting and smart direction, to lead what has to happen in UK/EU over next few years anyway and obviously they leap frogged the other luxury models with the I Pace very effectively.

It was actually one of the many reasons I bought an I Pace, in addition to it being a great car I wanted to vote with my money for a manufacturer that shows vision and ability to execute luxury and performance electric cars.

If it wasn’t for the infotainment I’d be all in on a Jaguar 2 seater performance car...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts